Subject: Bammel Timber Harvesting
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 02:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

Under separate cover I am having walked up to you a marked-up sample Timber 
Management Agreement that the harvester we have chosen, Southern 
Timbergrowers, Inc., offers as its standard document. 

HPL has selected this harvester based upon their "full-service" program as 
well as their reputation and their expertise.  However, we would like some 
language in the Agreement concerning Agent's full disclosure to Client of the 
prices in the marketplace (I believe this is probably covered by the Agent's 
responsibility to submit bids to Client for approval, but we would also like 
Agent's forecast of prices to come so as to make the best decision possible 
for optimum harvest revenues).  We would like to limit the first term 
hereunder to one year, renewable upon mutual negotiation at which time we may 
incorporate some type of incentive or penalty to further control the revenues 
from the harvest if we deem is necessary.  We would also contemplate the 
Agent's services on counseling us and providing the seedlings we would desire 
to further populate our land out there for future harvesting as well as 
present amenities.  Our desire is to create an ongoing relationship with the 
Agent so that we may have a fairly steady revenue stream for this property 
that would at least balance out the costs of continual seedling planting and 
desirably a good deal better than that.

Please let me know when you may be free to discuss this as I would like to 
meet with you or your designee to discuss these provisions at length.  I have 
already notified Southern Timbergrowers that they are our selected agent so 
we need to move along on this as quickly as possible.

Thanks, Gerald!

Candy