Subject: Re: Sale of Napoleonville, LA property, Our file ENR-02
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:47:35 -0700 (PDT)

Gerald:  I have already completed #1. On #2, they just want some
assurance that the property has never had underground storage tanks or
other hazardous waste sources on it.  I believe a letter from LRCI
stating that to its knowledge there have been no such sources on or
under the Property would suffice.  As far as #3, my abstractor has
promised to complete this limited title search today.  I hope to hear
from him tommorrow.

PKD

Nemec, Gerald wrote:

>Keith,  Please revise the document to reflect Item 1 below.  With
>respect to Item 2, our environmental group is reviewing Enron's use of
>the property.  No such uses should be found.  What specifically are they
>looking for with respect to this item.  Finally, any word on the title
>check with respect to item #3.
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>>From: 	"P. Keith Daigle" <[email-masked]>@ENRON
>>[mailto:IMCEANOTES-+22P+2E+20Keith+20Daigle+22+20+3Cpkdaigle+40neosoft
>>[email-masked]]
>>Sent:	Wednesday, August 29, 2001 4:13 PM
>>To:	Nemec, Gerald
>>Subject:	Sale of Napoleonville, LA property,  Our file ENR-02
>>
>>Gerald:
>>
>>    I have been contacted by Kim Torres of the Assumption Parish
>>Police
>>Jury.  She has some questions and concerns about the Purchase & Sale
>>Agreement, to wit:
>>
>>1).  They want to add warranty language to ? 4 as follows:
>>
>>    Seller warrants that it is the record title owner to the property
>>being sold, and warrants it has good and merchantable title, free of
>>any
>>and all liens or encumbrances, and agrees to indemnify and hold
>>harmless
>>buyer for the same.
>>
>>    Seller warrants that it is a corporation in good standing and that
>>persons executing this sale on behalf of seller has valid and binding
>>authority to do so.
>>
>>I believe this additional language is acceptable with some minor
>>revisions which I will do.
>>
>>2).  They are concerned about the warranty language which covers
>>hazardous wastes in ? 4.  They tell me that they have not done an
>>environmental inspection of the property.  They want to know if there
>>have ever been any underground tanks or other hazardous waste sources
>>on
>>the property.  They are looking for something in writing that no such
>>sources existed.
>>
>>3).  Upon checking the conveyance records, they found that on March
>>31,
>>1993, Louisiana Resources Pipeline Co., L.P. sold the property to
>>Louisiana Resources Co., Inc.  Then, on February 28, 2000, Louisiana
>>Resources Pipeline Co., L.P. again sold the property to LRCI, Inc.  I
>>have not done a title exam so I cannot explain this discrepancy.
>>
>>4).  She gave me the physical address of the property and the name of
>>the Police Jury President which I will insert in the documents.
>>
>>Please contact me to discuss our response to these concerns.
>>
>>Keith
>>
>
>
>**********************************************************************
>This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate and may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient (s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender or reply to Enron Corp. at [email-masked] and delete all copies of the message. This e-mail (and any attachments hereto) are not intended to be an offer (or an acceptance) and do not create or evidence a binding and enforceable contract between Enron Corp. (or any of its affiliates) and the intended recipient or any other party, and may not be relied on by anyone as the basis of a contract by estoppel or otherwise. Thank you.
>**********************************************************************
>