Subject: HBA Summer Clerkship Program
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 07:11:00 -0700 (PDT)

Gerald,

The Opportunities for Minorities in the Legal Profession committee of the 
Houston Bar Association would like to invite the first year summer associates 
who are clerking at Enron this summer (and who obtained their position 
through the Committee's First Year Summer Clerkship Program) to attend the 
Committee's Third Annual Summer Associate Luncheon which will be held at the 
Houston Club, 811 Rusk on Thursday 6/7/01 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.  
Please forward this invitation to the two first year summer clerks that Enron 
has hired through the HBA First Year Summer Clerkship Program - Alisha 
Mahabir (South Texas) and Nabil Nachawati (U of H).

The theme of this year's luncheon is "Soaring to New Heights in the New 
Millennium".  The speakers will include, among other, City Council Member 
Gordon Quan, the Honorable Vanessa D. Gilmore, Celso Gonzales-Falla, a 
Partner at V&E, and Shawn Roberts of Abraham, Watkins, Nicols, Sorrells, 
Matthews & Friend.  The panelists will speak about the different aspects of 
practicing law and living in Houston.  Summer associates will have the 
opportunity to ask questions and meet with the panelists and other prominent 
minority members of the Houston legal community.  The luncheon will also 
serve as a great opportunity for the summer associates to learn about 
Houston's dynamic and diverse legal practice and meet other minorities who 
are clerking in Houston during the summer.

I hope that Alisa and Nabil will join us at the luncheon.  I hope to see you 
and some of your colleagues as well.  Thanks, and please contact me if you 
have any questions.

Bruce J. Ruzinsky