Subject: Draft joint petition
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:32:00 -0800 (PST)

<<Draft dec statement ECS.doc>>

Gerald,
I have converted the draft joint petition that was faxed to you earlier this
afternoon from a WordPerfect file to a Word file.  The converted document is
attached.

As we discussed, we are hoping to receive both your feedback and the
additional information you have agreed to provide ASAP.  We are trying to
work on finalizing the document in time to work out the logistics for filing
by the end of this week.

Our goal is to try and have a signed document in our possession early Friday
morning so that it can be carried to Tallahassee for filing at the FPSC
later that morning.  One of our executives is traveling to Tallahassee that
day for a meeting and has agreed to serve as a courier if the document can
be completed in time.  As we also discussed, if you have Tallahassee counsel
available to sign the final, we can make arrangements to carry the document
to them for signing on Friday and still make the filing on Friday as
desired.

Tim has sent you the original letter agreements and contract for electric
service via FedEx for signing.  Upon execution of the originals, please
return two executed copies to us via FedEx.  This should allow us to have
the executed documents in our possession by Friday, February 16.  Of course,
the documents should be dated 2/13 and signed by the same individual who
signed the fax copies that were returned to us earlier today.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at
850/469-3313 or Tim Anthony at 850/444-6678.  One of my partners is also
working on the joint petition.  His name is Russell Badders.  In case you
need to speak to someone when you cannot reach me, Russell can be reached at
850/469-3316.

We appreciate your efforts as we continue to work together to make this
project happen.

Thanks!
--Jeff:)

 - Draft dec statement ECS.doc