Subject: CAISO Notification: Operations Procedure - M-401 Real-time Intra-Zonal Congestion Management
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:08:06 -0800 (PST)

Market Participants:

Please assure that this Notification is forwarded to your respective
Operating Departments ---

Notification of Operating Procedure Update

*	The following new or revised ISO Operating Procedures have been
implemented and are posted for reference on the ISO Website.

ISO Operating Procedure posted:  M-401 Real-time Intra-Zonal Congestion
Management
Version: 5.0
Effective Date: 12/12/2001
Procedure Purpose: Following is a list of instructions for the mitigation of
real-time (RT) Intra-Zonal Congestion.  When Intra-Zonal Congestion occurs,
the RT Generation Dispatchers and Grid Resource Coordinators (GRCs) take the
following steps to mitigate the Intra-Zonal Congestion. The CAISO approach
to mitigate Intra-Zonal Congestion in RT in non-emergency conditions is to: 
		*	Use RMR units to the extent possible within the
limits described below, and 
		*	Rely on market bids. In those instances of
insufficient bids, RT mitigation measures may include steps as outlined in
this Operating Procedure. 
Summary of changes: 
 <<M-401 v5.0 Procedure Change Description Form.doc>> 
*	Please find them at
http://www1.caiso.com/thegrid/operations/opsdoc/index.html under the
appropriate Operating Procedure section heading.

Please e-mail any comments or questions to the 'Procedure Control Desk'
mailbox [mailto:[email-masked]] and we will respond as soon as
possible.

Thank you!

California ISO Procedure Control Desk

Client Relations Communications.0921
[email-masked]