Subject: Regional Compliance and Regional Transmission Organizations
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:33:01 -0800 (PST)

As I indicated at today's MAIN Board meeting, please find two attachments
to this email.  The first is the letter that MAPP sent to NERC's president
Mike Gent requesting that NERC reasses the compliance requirements given
the role of RTOs.  The letter indicated that RTO's not regions should be
the entities directly responsible for compliance.  The letter was sent by
MAPP on November 1st.

Of interest, five MAIN IPP generators (including Edison Mission, Duke,
Mirant, Calpine, and Reliant) sent a letter to both Mr. Bulley and Mr. Gent
(with a copy sent to FERC) on September 24th, with very similar statements.
We are yet to see our concern addressed by NERC, but thankfully we got
FERC's attention.  EPSA is pursuing a parallel track at the FERC.

Please feel free to contact me if you need further clarification.  I would
also like to take this opportunity to specifically thank both Mr. Steitz
and Mr. Harbor for showing interest and for trying to understand our
concerns.

(See attached file: RRCltr-NERC_on_RTOs.pdf)

(See attached file: MAIN Letter.doc)

Reem J. Fahey
Director, Market Policy
Edison Mission Marketing & Trading
email : [email-masked]
Tel # (312)-583-6033
Fax # (312)-583-4916

 - RRCltr-NERC_on_RTOs.pdf 
 - MAIN Letter.doc