Subject: RE: Nuclear Meetings
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:58:56 -0800 (PST)

Please attend.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	"Dan Salter" <[email-masked]>@ENRON  
Sent:	Monday, November 26, 2001 9:46 AM
To:	Presto, Kevin M.
Cc:	Imai, Rika
Subject:	Nuclear Meetings

Kevin,
After reviewing the list of NRC meetings coming up, Fred has notified me of
the two he thinks are of significance for attendance.  They are:

1. 11/30/01 - Surry 1, 2 - Discuss significance of failed piston wrist pins
& piston carrier bearings in the Number 3 Emergency Diesel Generator which
may have caused it to fail if needed to operate a long period.
HGP Comment: This may give insight on Surry 1 refueling and possible
shutdown of Surry 2 for mitigation of problem.  This will also impact other
plants with the same EDGs.

2. 12/12/01 - Ginna - Discuss status of RG&E evaluation regarding
circumferential cracking of the reactor vessel head penetration nozzles.
HGP Comment: This should provide info on whether Ginna will be required to
shutdown for inspection and additional info on other area PWRs concerning
shutdown inspection schedules.

Please let me know if you agree that we should attend. Currently we have
attended seven meetings of the eight allowed by the contract through
November.  None of the meetings for early December are of significance.  It
is highly unlikely that any significant meetings will be scheduled for late
December.  So, the above two meetings should probably be the last of
significance for the calendar year.

Dan