Subject: UAE - Lowell, MA 5xLM6000 PC Project
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:19:00 -0800 (PST)

Ben, please find attached revision one to the UAE - Lowell, Massachusetts 
LM6000 simple cycle peaking facility, which is to be located at an existing, 
staffed cogen facility. 

The revisions are due to the following changes in assumptions:
1. Increased annual maintenance costs due to going from 4 to 5 LM6000PC 
Enhanced Sprints units being installed. This increases the CO + SCR units, 
compression capacity and the chiller capacity. Some consumables increase as 
well (test gases for CEMS, oils, greases, etc)
2. Chemical costs increased due to NOx emissions limit from 5 ppm to 2.5 ppm. 
Amount of aqueous ammonia changed from 46 lbs/hr to 76 lbs/hr (per Peerless, 
Inc. quote - they package the CO + SCR system using 19% solution, which keeps 
operator below EPA RMP threshold of 20%)
3. Reduced the staffing costs due to no allocation of labor being assumed 
from existing plant to peaking plant (per your discussion with UAE). Two O&M 
tech staff adds are shown to cover the peaking operation only.
4. Chemical costs increased due to more throughput required. Assuming a RO + 
mixed beds installation per Bruce Golden.
5. Increase in O&M Fee from $80M/yr to $100M/yr due to scope increase.
6. Major Maintenance dollar value increased in absolute terms due to adding 
one more GTG (fyi, $/fired hr stays the same).

Please call if you have questions or want to discuss further.

regards, Scot