Subject: Re:
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 06:03:00 -0800 (PST)

assumptions based on following with Bruce's notes

Development of 1 LM 6000 facility in a urban area for the purposes of 
supplying the rapid load growth.  ENA will contribute the turbines to 
Rochester and build the facility, while Rochester will own, operate and 
finance the facility.  Rochester currently has a Westinghouse 251B 
(oil-fired), which is dedicated to &SMPA8.  ENA will receive 100% of the 
output through a PPA for the first year (summer 01) and 50% of the output 
from 2002 through 2005.  The following are the project specifics:
? 1 LM 6000 Turbine
? Rochester actually needs only 23 MW,s from the facility - assume want full 
Enhanced Sprint and maximized output for summer conditions
? Needs substation and compressor,s (NNG is only 400 psi). - Substation 
estimate of $5.8M to $6.0 looks really high. I would usually assume single 
transformer and connection to an existing bus - so one breaker/switch combo - 
maybe $935,000 for a greenfield - maybe 775,000 on the way high side for this 
opportunity unless RPC needs some sort of major expansion and this really 
includes transmission lines, .....I will assume 115 kV on a transformer and 
we will add as Owners cost the $5.8M.

will do compression to 700 psig from 400 psig
? Peoples is the closest LDC
? No SCR Needed; Water-injection with water on-site - assume trailer demin, 
12 hours of storage
? Non-PSD
? Main fuel will be natural gas (100% of the time) with Fuel oil #2 as backup 
- will have as dual fuel unit, assume no storage based on existing at site, 
will have forwarding pump
? Water source will be from a local muni water system -need to get water 
analysis so we can get good cost/1000 gal estimate

Assume that we want bidable performance numbers - we need tasking letter to 
cover Engineering pulling the ambient weather data and running performance 
(capacity and heat rate - will generate new & clean with EPC margins along 
with expected heat rates for first 4 years based on 1500 hours operation per 
year)

Assume we want cost estimate - Nepco just did a single unit estimate and is 
going out with a proposal (cost is $26,000,000 starting from what they 
indicated was the ENA LM pricing - no scope list so Mike and I will see ifn' 
we can sweet talk Redmond out of a copy). Probably should get a Nepco two day 
version - I will fill the shett out and work through Mike Coleman to get 
Nepco on cost.

Likely will special noise considerations. we don't have an estimate - 
probably should engage consultant to do quick study and see what we might be 
faced with.
Any site data available? plot plans, substation one-lines, ....????
Bruce

Benjamin Rogers@ECT
02/14/2000 05:42 PM
To: Bruce Golden/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Oscar Dalton/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: 

Here is the summary of the Rochester deal.  Oscar, Russ and I would like to 
sit down with you tomorrow to discuss the specifics of the deal. Please let 
me know if you need anymore info than this and let me know what time is best 
for you.  Thanks in advance for your time.
Ben