Subject: Opportunity
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 08:35:30 -0800 (PST)

Ben,

I was again good to talk with you and I look forward to the
possibilities. As we spoke of, Joe Toussaint is heading up the talent
initiative and coordinating the recruiting process. I spoke with Joe
today and he informed me he had left several contact numbers for you so
I will at this point step out of the middle of process to allow for a
more coordinated approach. I'm sure I speak for Joe when I say we
believe the changes in the industry as well as Enron provide opportunity
for us both.

Please provide Joe with your resume as soon as you can and as we
discussed be prepared to discuss your desires, skills and/or experiences
you believe uniquely qualify you, as well as examples of your ability to
create value.

Again it has been my pleasure and I'm sure Joe or his designee will
contact you concerning your trip to Cincinnati and scheduled activities
next week.

Michael J. Cyrus
President & CEO, Cinergy, Energy Merchant