Subject: Lincoln Center Improvements
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:40:00 -0700 (PDT)

Don -

I recommend putting the attached e-mails and attachments in the DD room.  
We've also had verbal discussions with the IEPA to verify that the retest can 
be postponed.  It can.

Mitch

[email-masked] on 09/28/2000 04:26:28 PM
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
cc:  

Subject: FW: Lincoln Center Improvements

Mitch and Ross,

Please see Mike's responses below the question asked.  If you have any
questions, please let me or Mike know.

Michelle

From: Mike Murphy [FAX:+1 (314) 579-7171] On Behalf Of Murphy, Mike J
(PS, GI&FS)
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 4:24 PM
To: April, Michelle J (PS, ASD)
Subject: RE: Lincoln Center Improvements

Michelle

I have made my comments to each of Mitch's questions.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: April, Michelle J (PS, ASD)
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 3:05 PM
To: Murphy, Mike J (PS, GI&FS)
Subject: RE: Lincoln Center Improvements

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 1:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Lincoln Center Improvements

Michelle -

Please forward to Mike Murphy.  In general, the schedule is acceptable.
Please work with Merle on the details.  Can you or Mike confirm my
understanding of the following?

1.  Though the units ran within limits on NOx and CO throughout the summer,
GE believes that the performance will be enhanced with the attached
modifications (i.e. NOx will be reduced even further to the 7.5-8.5 ppm
range).

Response:  The GE target will be to have NOx at 7.5-8.5 range. In addition
the expectation is that CO will also be around 10ppm at Base load
conditions.

2.  The liners will have their dilution holes resized.  Will the secondary
nozzles also be modified, or is this not required?

Response:  The secondary nozzles will be modified to meet the new group
number change which will increase the effective area. This is an engineering
requirement. In addition the primary nozzle effective are will change with
the new part numbers. The liner dilution hole change will be standard across
all the units.

3.  You can postpone the retest until the next expected run season
(December/January).

Response:  The retest could be delayed until the winter peak season but in
the event that a unit was run after modification without a test, the risk of
compliance would be to Enron. GE feels very strongly that a reliable
operation of the unit would include retest as soon as practical after
modifications.  In the event the units will not run until 2Q 2001, the
abiity of GE to respond to the site need may be in jeopardy due to the high
number of new unit start ups.

4.  This change will not limit the ability to run prior to the scheduled
test, in the event of an unexpected run call.

Response:  The units would be available to run, but the operator may not
know where the unit would be in a regards to compliance.  We are also trying
to bring the unit back to a nominal firing temperature. The other point to
consider is whether or not you need to alert the EPA of the modification and
what your requirements are with that entity.

5.  Enron or Des Plaines Green Land Development (Lincoln Center) will not
incur any financial obligations as a result of the change-out.

Response:  GE will be paying for all labor, tools and shop work necessary to
perform the modifications, but Enron or Des Plaines Green Land Development
would be responsible for all fuel costs, electrical costs and operator
costs.

Thanks for your diligence, and please let the GE team know that I
appreciate the effort given to the Lincoln plant.  Regarding both the
generator change-out and the emissions effort, I have no complaints with
GE's performance.

Regards,

Mitch

[email-masked] on 09/25/2000 11:36:54 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:  FW: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: enron: host not fou
      nd)

Mitch,

Mike Murphy tried to email this to you but was unsucessful.  I also spoke
with Ross Newlin concerning the testing.  We need to speak with you to
confirm one way or another.

Michelle

From: [email-masked]
To: mitch.robinson@enron
Subject: Enron Lincoln Center
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:06:50 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2651.58)
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;     boundary="
----_=_NextPart_002_01C0270E.D09FC190"

Mitch,

Attached is the handout presentation that was given today to the Enron
team.
I have also attached the proposed schedule for the work at the Lincoln
Center site. The plan is work two (2) shifts per day, ten (10) per day. It
is expected to take six (6) days per unit at this time. GE will work to
minimize the schedule and we hope with productivity and best practices to
improve the schedule. After the hardware changes made, retesting of the
units will need to occur. GE will bring and emissions test vendor to the
<<Wilton Customerhandout.ppt>>  <<Emissions schedule.xls>>  site and check
the NOx and CO readings. It is expected that the units will need to run at
Base Load for Approximately 8-10 hours and then at the reduced loads to
check part readings. The total operating time should be about 12 twelve
hours.

If you have any questions, please contact Michelle April or myself.

Mike Murphy
Installation Director
513-682-5514

(See attached file: Wilton Customerhandout.ppt)
(See attached file: Emissions schedule.xls)

---------------------- Forwarded by Mitch Robinson/Corp/Enron on 09/29/2000 
03:36 PM ---------------------------
   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Mitch Robinson                           09/25/2000 01:31 PM

To: [email-masked]
cc: Ross Newlin/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Merle 
Churchill/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 

Subject: Lincoln Center Improvements  

Michelle -

Please forward to Mike Murphy.  In general, the schedule is acceptable.  
Please work with Merle on the details.  Can you or Mike confirm my 
understanding of the following?

1.  Though the units ran within limits on NOx and CO throughout the summer, 
GE believes that the performance will be enhanced with the attached 
modifications (i.e. NOx will be reduced even further to the 7.5-8.5 ppm 
range).

2.  The liners will have their dilution holes resized.  Will the secondary 
nozzles also be modified, or is this not required?

3.  You can postpone the retest until the next expected run season 
(December/January).

4.  This change will not limit the ability to run prior to the scheduled 
test, in the event of an unexpected run call.

5.  Enron or Des Plaines Green Land Development (Lincoln Center) will not 
incur any financial obligations as a result of the change-out.

Thanks for your diligence, and please let the GE team know that I appreciate 
the effort given to the Lincoln plant.  Regarding both the generator 
change-out and the emissions effort, I have no complaints with GE's 
performance.

Regards,

Mitch

[email-masked] on 09/25/2000 11:36:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
cc:  

Subject: FW: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: enron: host not fou nd)

Mitch,

Mike Murphy tried to email this to you but was unsucessful.  I also spoke
with Ross Newlin concerning the testing.  We need to speak with you to
confirm one way or another.

Michelle

From: [email-masked]
To: mitch.robinson@enron
Subject: Enron Lincoln Center
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:06:50 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2651.58)
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; 
boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C0270E.D09FC190"

Mitch,

Attached is the handout presentation that was given today to the Enron team.
I have also attached the proposed schedule for the work at the Lincoln
Center site. The plan is work two (2) shifts per day, ten (10) per day. It
is expected to take six (6) days per unit at this time. GE will work to
minimize the schedule and we hope with productivity and best practices to
improve the schedule. After the hardware changes made, retesting of the
units will need to occur. GE will bring and emissions test vendor to the
<<Wilton Customerhandout.ppt>>  <<Emissions schedule.xls>>  site and check
the NOx and CO readings. It is expected that the units will need to run at
Base Load for Approximately 8-10 hours and then at the reduced loads to
check part readings. The total operating time should be about 12 twelve
hours.

If you have any questions, please contact Michelle April or myself.

Mike Murphy
Installation Director
513-682-5514

 - Wilton Customerhandout.ppt
 - Emissions schedule.xls