Subject: Re: Lincoln Environmental Questions
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ben:  

Here are my answers to the Allegheny Questions below.  Please confirm the 
details with Dave Kellermeyer where necessary.

Question 1:   Does the Lincoln facility have an air operating permit from the 
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency?  If so, please provide a copy. If 
not,    please explain status.

Answer:  I believe that the application for the Title V Operating Permit for 
the Lincoln Energy Center was submitted to the IEPA in the Spring of 2000.  
Dave   Kellermeyer can definitively answer whether this Operating Permit has 
been issued/received from the IEPA.

Question 2: Were any wetlands impacted by the construction of the facility 
and, if so, what permits were obtained?  Will any wetlands be impacted by 
future   expansion plans?  ENSR's conclusion on this issue seemed unclear, 
particularly with respect to the 30 acre parcel.  See 02.03.09C.

Answer:  The ENSR Wetlands Delineation activities conducted during the period 
of December 1998 through February 1999 determined the following:
   1.  No wetlands existed on the 50 acre parcel upon which the Lincoln 
Energy Center was ultimately constructed.
   2.  An agricultural wetland area existed within the parcel of land 
adjacent to the western boundary of the Lincoln Energy Center 50 acre    
parcel.
   3.  After reviewing the ENSR wetland delineation information, the Will 
County NRCS confirmed the existence and boundary location of the    
agricultural wetland and  concurred with the ENSR conclusion that the 
agricultural wetland boundary was completely contained within the    parcel 
of land adjacent to the western boundary of the Lincoln Energy Center 50 acre 
parcel.

With regard to wetlands impacted during construction of the Facility, the 
construction of the Facility's natural gas pipeline lateral was routed 
through several existing wetland areas.  The potential impact of this 
lateral's construction on existing wetlands was mitigated through a 
directional drilling program implemented during the pipeline construction 
activity.  The Site Development permits required for this pipeline 
construction activity were obtained from the Will County Land Use 
Department.  

With regard to future Facility expansion plans, no impact to wetlands is 
expected provided that such expansion occurs within the existing boundaries 
of the 50 acre Facility parcel.

As a note to Question 2 above, I could not locate a reference to a 30 acre 
parcel within the ENSR Wetland Investigation Report described as 02.03.09C.  
Perhaps this is a typo and should be 50 acres.

Call/see me to discuss this information.  I will be in the office tomorrow 
(10/24) until 2 pm and then in Chicago on Wed-Thursday.  I will access my 
email via laptop while I am out of the office.

Fred

Benjamin Rogers
10/23/2000 03:22 PM
To: Fred Mitro/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: 

More Questions.  Thanks!
Ben