Subject: Re: Final response to Allegheny (Jones Day) 10/23 questions
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:32:00 -0800 (PST)

_______________________________________________________________

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or entity
named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also please notify the
sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.
Thank you.
_______________________________________________________________

Thanks for the response.  According to my records, the outstanding
questions are as follows:

Wheatland

We understand that the Wheatland facility may seek a NPDES permit to
discharge wastewater directly to the White River.  How is this wastewater
currently managed?  Why is the facility considering changing the management
method to direct discharge under a NPDES permit?  If there are associated
cost savings with a NPDES permit, what are they estimated to be?  We
understand that the source of the water that is discharged is a pond
associated with mining operations.  Who is the owner of the pond?  Are any
water extraction permits needed to remove water from this pond and, if so,
have they been obtained?  We also understand that sampling was recently
performed of the water.  Please provide copies of this analysis and any
associated documentation.

Gleason

You indicated in the response to the Gleason questions that the variance
request for Subpart GG had been approved by TDEC and the approval would be
faxed to me.  To date, I have not received it.

LV Cogen

Earlier today, I asked a follow-up question on the coverage under the storm
water permit from 1998 to 2000.  I did not see an explanation of this gap
in the attached responses.

Given the approaching bid deadline, we would appreciate receiving this
information as soon as possible.

[email-masked] on 10/31/2000 05:23:11 PM
Extension:

To:   [email-masked]
cc:   "Heckler, James" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
      [email-masked]
Subject:  Final response to Allegheny (Jones Day) 10/23 questions

Answer to your questions.

----- Forwarded by Ron Coker/Corp/Enron on 10/31/2000 05:21 PM -----

                    Jody
                    Blackburn@ECT        To:     Ron Coker/Corp/Enron@Enron
                                         cc:     Jim Gilbert/PDX/ECT@ECT,
Ed
                    10/25/2000           Clark/PDX/ECT@ECT, Bill
Williams/PDX/ECT@ECT,
                    12:04 PM             Mark Mullen/PDX/ECT@ECT, Don
Hammond/PDX/ECT@ECT,
                                         Frank W Vickers/HOU/ECT@ECT,
Andrew
                                         Kelemen/HOU/ECT@ECT
                                         Subject:     Final response to
Allegheny (Jones
                                         Day) 10/23 questions

Ron, the final response to Jones Day on behalf of Allegheny is attached.
The response refers to two files that need to accompany the final.

File 6.2.2.5 - copy of the current discharge permit - please put on deal
bench

File 6.2.3.1 Notice of intent and payment statement to the Bureau of Water
Pollution Control for renewal of the stormwater discharge permit. - please
put on deal bench.

(See attached file: Allegheny information request response 102300 Final
102500.doc)

(See attached file: Allegheny information request response 102300 Final
102500.doc)

 - Allegheny information request response 102300 Final 102500.doc