Subject: Re: Question 2
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:13:00 -0800 (PST)

Ben -

My recommended response to #1 is in Blue.  To all, please review and verify 
you concur.  Gus, can you answer the others?

Mitch

Benjamin Rogers@ECT
12/04/2000 10:20 AM
To: Ross Newlin/HOU/EES@EES, Mitch Robinson/Corp/Enron@Enron, Dave 
Kellermeyer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Gus Eghneim/Corp/Enron@Enron, Mitchell 
Hurt/Corp/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: Question 2

Guys:
Here are some more questions regarding the Caledonia and Brownsville plants.  
Your assistance with these questions would be greatly appreciated.  Please 
send your answers back to me when completed.  Again, thank you for your help.
Regards,
Ben
3-7998
---------------------- Forwarded by Benjamin Rogers/HOU/ECT on 12/04/2000 
10:16 AM ---------------------------

Don Miller
12/04/2000 10:11 AM
To: Benjamin Rogers/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Question 2

---------------------- Forwarded by Don Miller/HOU/ECT on 12/04/2000 10:10 AM 
---------------------------

"Tang, David" <[email-masked]> on 11/30/2000 07:45:51 PM
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc: "Whitehead, Robert" <[email-masked]>, "Hoyos, Sergio" 
<[email-masked]>, "Chaney, Tom" <[email-masked]>, "Vivar, Art" 
<[email-masked]> 
Subject: Question 2

More Questions:

Both Plants

1.  What are the short term NOx and CO emissions during startups, and are
there limitations during start-ups.

Start-up emissions vary and can not accurately be measured due to the 
inherent delay time in the CEMS system.  Additionally, start-up emissions are 
not required to be and in fact were not measured during the stack testing.  
There are no limitations on emissions during start-up evolutions, since the 
permits at both plants allow exceptions to exceedences during start-ups and 
shutdowns.

2.  Are industrial stormwater permits required at either site?

Caledonia

3.  In Caledonia, what is the custom fuel sampling schedule?

Brownsville

4.  What is the agency's response to the Enron letter regarding the 2nd
stormwater NOV?

5.  Has there been any further action by the agency since the 1st stormwater
NOV was never responded to?

6.  One memo stated that the stormwater is channeled to a wetland.  Was that
during construction only or is it ongoing?

7.  Were there any further problems with the B T Readymix concrete dumping
issue?