Subject: Re: Entergy's March 21, 2000 Filing, FERC Docket No. ER00-1933
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:57:00 -0700 (PDT)

Wed. we will be filing our protest (plus, many others will be filing 
protests) that Entergy's filing is discriminatory and not the way to solve 
transmission constraints issues.  Actually, Entergy proposes solving 
constraint issues by not allowing parking at a generation only control area 
and by eliminating netting--both items that we won last year at NERC against 
TVA.  Entergy's filing is a proposal to solve "partial paths", which they 
call "fictional" sinks/sources via elimination of the path.  

Now MAIN and ComEd (specifically stating that it doesn't want us to sink at 
the Enron soon-to-be control area in ComEd) have raised this issue.  We are 
working on a response to ComEd and Dick may be going out to meet with them 
too.  

Finally, DUKE AND CINERGY both told me that while their marketing/traders 
greatly want to protest Entergy's filing, their transmission side won't let 
them.  So both are filing plain vanilla interventions.  We need to again be 
looking for any NERC email blasters that go out from marketers of utilities 
now and into the summer, similar to what SCEM (Southern's marketer) sent out 
last year complaining about TLRs.  If you see any of these, let me know so we 
can possibly send them to FERC staff because it is very difficult to get them 
to take a public position.  PECO Energy is filing a good protest to Entergy.  
C.

Patrick Hanse
04/11/2000 07:41 AM
To: Christi L Nicolay/HOU/ECT@ECT, Greg Woulfe/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kevin M 
Presto/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Bill Rust/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Entergy's March 21, 2000 Filing, FERC Docket No. ER00-1933

Christi - FYI for the letter you are preparing for both Entergy and ComEd.
Below, Harry Terhune from MAIN org. is advertising Entergy's recent tariff 
filing to MAIN members as a way to deal with "partial path" reservations and 
valid ATC calculations.
---------------------- Forwarded by Patrick Hanse/HOU/ECT on 04/11/2000 07:26 
AM ---------------------------

"Harry L. Terhune" <[email-masked]> on 04/10/2000 05:21:18 PM
To: [email-masked], "Doug Collins-Alliant" 
<[email-masked]>, "Kirit Shah-Ameren" 
<[email-masked]>, "Jeff Webb-ComEd" <[email-masked]>, "Bob 
McGarrah-CIL" <[email-masked]>, "Ron Powell-CWL" 
<[email-masked]>, "Jim Windsor-CWL" <[email-masked]>, "Karl 
Kohlrus-CWLP" <[email-masked]>, "Mike Pullen-EEInc" <[email-masked]>, 
"Kevin Wagner-IMEA" <[email-masked]>, "Jay Caspary-IP" 
<[email-masked]>, "Darl Shimko-MGE" <[email-masked]>, "Ted 
Hilmes-SIPC" <[email-masked]>, "Bob Hunzinger-Soyland" 
<[email-masked]>, "Chris Plante-WPS&UPP" <[email-masked]>, "Don 
Volzka-WEP" <[email-masked]>, "Scott Barnhart-WPPI" 
<[email-masked]>, "Kurt Dickinson-Alliant-TSM" 
<[email-masked]>, "Dave Acton-Alliant-CA-Merch" 
<[email-masked]>, "Roger Harszy-Ameren" 
<[email-masked]>, "Peg Abbadini-CILCo" <[email-masked]>, "Tom 
Wiedman-ComEd" <[email-masked]>, "Tad Johnsen-Columbia" 
<[email-masked]>, "Lee Gladish-CWLP" <[email-masked]>, "Rick 
Ozmet-EEInc." <[email-masked]>, "James Fuhrmann-IP" 
<[email-masked]>, "Don Morrow-MGE" <[email-masked]>, "Ted 
Hilmes-SIPC" <[email-masked]>, "Harold Reichardt" <[email-masked]>, 
"Bill Rades-WEPCo." <[email-masked]>, "Jim Maenner-WPS" 
<[email-masked]>, "Ken Copp-WEPCo." <[email-masked]>, "Lloyd 
Will-ENRON-SE" <[email-masked]>
cc: [email-masked], [email-masked] 
Subject: Entergy's March 21, 2000 Filing, FERC Docket No. ER00-1933

MAIN ATCSC, C&CSC, EC and OC TP and Control Area Contacts:

MAIN is presently struggling with the issues of how to properly represent
both partial path reservations (those submitted without true source and
sink) and schedules which are not physically realizable in its ATC
calculation and posting process in a way which validly represents the
ability of the transmission system to support power transfers and provides
fair and accurate ATC information to all potential users of the
transmission system.

One of our MIC representatives reported that Entergy has filed a tariff
amendment with a proposal to deal with these issues, and you may wish to
examine the proposed business practices to evaluate the amendment's merits
or potential complications.

If so, below please find instructions for your convenience on how to access
the Entergy tariff filing related to providing valid source and sink
information for evaluation of transmission service, reservations and
schedules:

 The information below provides an electronic link to Entergy's March 21,
2000, filing in FERC Docket No. ER00-1933.  Because the filing is a series
of scanned images, I do not know how to electronically transfer a copy of
the actual filing.  However, if you double-click on the http reference
below, your web browser should take you to a page on the FERC web site.
This FERC page should provide a space for you to enter a "document ID."  In
the space provided, please type in the following

document ID:  2040905

Then hit the [enter] key on your keyboard.  This will bring you to another
FERC web page where you can click on "I=25" (on the far right-hand side of
the screen) which will link you to the 25 imaged pages of Entergy's filing.

 <<rims.qrp2~pagereq~RIMS~docID.url>>

 http://rimsweb1.ferc.fed.us/rims.q?rp2~pagereq~RIMS~docID