Subject: Re: Tax issues
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 03:47:00 -0800 (PST)

Matt and Patrick:
We're not sure exactly what tax exposures you're concerned about, but I'm 
sending you the attached language, which was approved by Tax Dept. earlier 
this year for use w/ EEI Master Agreements.  We since decided, with Tax Dept. 
approval, to go w/ the shorter standard language in the EEI Master, adding 
this language only to longer term deals (> one year).   Does the attached 
language go far enough to address your concerns with the industrials?  Please 
advise.

Regards,
Janice

EB3861
Assistant General Counsel, Enron North America Corp.
713-853-1794 (Fax:  713-646-4842)

	Edward D Baughman
	11/07/2000 12:02 PM
		 
		 To: Elizabeth Sager/HOU/ECT@ECT, David Portz/HOU/ECT@ECT, Janice R 
Moore/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kim S Theriot/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Patrick Maloy/HOU/ECT@ECT, Matthew F Gockerman/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: 

ENA East Power will be making an aggressive push to build industrial market 
share in open access states in 2001. Pat Maloy and Matt Gockerman
in Enron's  tax dept. have voiced concern over potential exposure to: 1. 
sales & use tax, 2. gross receipts tax. Two primary questions I have are:

 1. Legal: Can we craft standard language that pushes all tax consequences 
onto the industrial ?
 2. Do we need to alter the deal documentation mechanics (i.e., Enpower) to 
adjust for this issue?

I request that Elizabeth Sager and Kim Theriot advise me on this issue.

Thanks,   Ed