Subject: iBuyit Payables System
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 02:29:00 -0700 (PDT)

As some of you may have seen through the e-mail system, Enron Corp. has begun 
a payables and procurement initiative under the name "iBuyit."  The 
initiative involves the implementation of an on-line procurement and payables 
system, the central focus of which will be to enable Enron to better track 
vendor expenses and overall costs. 

The implementation of the payables portion of the system will occur on May 1, 
2001 and will be applicable to all organizations supported by Houston-based 
Accounts Payable processing centers (e.g., our Legal Department).  I have 
been asked to be the stakeholder for this project for the Department and have 
been working with Dina Snow and Carolyn George (as the Department change 
agents) to get up to speed on this program and its impact.

Given that this program will present a marked changed in the manner in which 
we will be coding, reviewing and approving invoices for payment, it is 
important that each of you have an overview understanding of the system and 
how it will function.  This, in turn, will aid you in determining the best 
process to be implemented within your particular group for use of the 
system.  To assist in this general understanding, the iBuyit group prepared a 
system demonstration running through the functionality of the system and 
answering some general questions as to its use.  I believe it provides an 
appropriate overview and have provided the below link to the demonstration 
location:

http://ibuyit.enron.com/gss/ibuyit/iBuyitPayablesPresentation.ppt

Mark has asked that I speak on this program a bit at the upcoming OGC meeting 
(Monday, 4/23) and answer any questions you may have.  In the interim, if 
there are any questions about the program or the system's functionality, 
please do not hesitate to call me.

Mark
Senior Counsel, ENA
Phone:     713-345-8897
Facsimile: 713-646-3940
E-Mail:      [email-masked]