Subject: Group Meeting in July
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 08:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

All of you have expressed an interest in having a collateral annex to use 
with the EEI Master Contract.  A small group began working on an annex last 
winter.  Bill McCoy from Morgan Stanley circulated a "conceptual" draft which 
was commented on by a few companies.  Due to the intervening California 
market crisis, the group did not undertake further work.  After our credit 
workshop in Atlanta in March, many of you have asked to bring the working 
group together in order to reach closure on the annex.    As a starting, 
point I've attached Bill McCoy's draft and the comments circulated to date.  
I suggest that we develop a strawman from these documents that would serve as 
the basis for a consensus document adopted at a drafting meeting during the 
summer.  Before that meeting we could collaborate via email and conference 
calls.  Reliant has agreed to host a meeting in July which would coincide 
with a meeting  of the EEI contract drafting committee.  No specific date has 
been set, but many in the drafting committee are leaning towards meeting 
after mid-July.     Please use the attached calendar to show dates you would 
be unavailable in July so we can set a date.  Please fax this to Patricia 
Young at 202-508-5673 or email to [email-masked]

So, we are looking for people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and 
get the job done.  We need the following to do this efficiently:  (1) someone 
to chair the group; (2) people willing to draft language; (3) someone to act 
as "scribe" to maintain the working draft and incorporate comments; and (4) 
input on what is drafted.  I propose holding a conference call next Friday to 
select a chair, set a schedule, and make assignments.  Please let me know 
your thoughts on this process.

Andrew S. Katz, Director Industry Legal Affairs
Edison Electric Institute
701 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C.  20004
Voice:  202-508-5616
Fax:     202-508-5673
e-mail:  [email-masked]
 - TEXT.htm
 - EEI Collateral Annex version 2 - 112400.doc
 - Collateral Annex Comments (1.19.01).doc
 - AEP's Comments to EEI Collateral Annex version 2 - 112400.doc
 - July Scheds.doc
 - Andy Katz.vcf