Subject: Re: FW: Super Peak loadshape language
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 07:23:00 -0700 (PDT)

Chris
 
While our current goal is to define the Into Product on EOL, to reflect the 
Into Product as defined in the EEI Master Agreement, this process is not 
complete and will, amongst other things, require buy in from the traders. The 
following is suggested wording to get Peter and Kevin through until this 
process is complete.
 
Regards,
 
Marcus

"Firm energy shall be scheduled on or before the Business Day before the next 
Delivery Day. "Business Day" means a day on which Federal Reserve member 
banks in New York City are open for business; and a Business Day shall open 
at 8:00 a.m. and close at 5:00 p.m. local time for each Party's principal 
place of business."

 

	Chris Walker/ENRON@enronXgate
	05/14/2001 09:58 AM
		 
		 To: Marcus Nettelton/NA/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: 
		 Subject: FW: Super Peak loadshape language

  Marcus,

Peter Makkai and Kevin Presto on the East Power desk are following up with 
their request for additional super peak loadshape language which states "Firm 
energy shall be scheduled on a day ahead basis.  +Day ahead basis, means a 
day during the term of the transaction which precedes the Delivery Day."  
Evidently, whenever they transact with this product, they are having to 
contact the customer and inform them of this scheduling parameter.  I know 
you were in the process of changing the language for all Into products and 
was wondering when this scheduling parameter could be added to this 
particular loadshape.

Thanks Marcus,

CW
3-7533

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Makkai, Peter  
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 8:55 AM
To: Walker, Chris
Subject: Re: Super Peak loadshape language

---------------------- Forwarded by Peter Makkai/NA/Enron on 05/14/2001 08:54 
AM ---------------------------
From: Marcus Nettelton on 04/12/2001 03:18 PM
To: Chris Walker/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Peter Makkai/NA/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Re: Super Peak loadshape language  

Chris 
 
This is an Into product which will require some specific changes. We are 
reviewing the language for all Into products and anticipate making them all 
consistent with the EEI Master Agreement definition. Until that time we will 
not change the wording of existing Into product definitions. I am currently 
working on this and once we have approved language we will be able to 
progress.
 
Regards
 
Marcus

	Chris Walker@ECT 04/12/2001 12:11 PM 	   To: Marcus Nettelton/NA/Enron@ENRON  
cc:   Subject: Re: Super Peak loadshape language

Here is the current long description.

A US Power Transaction with Enron Power Marketing, Inc., under which the 
Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase a quantity of firm energy 
equal to the Hourly Quantity at the Contract Price. The Contract Price shall 
be as submitted by the Counterparty via the Website.
The transaction is for the applicable hours as set forth herein on each 
Delivery Day for the Effective Date 01 Jul 2001 to the Termination Date 31 
Aug 2001.
The transaction is for delivery or receipt of energy to any available point 
Into Cinergy System Border at Seller's daily election.
The price is quoted in US Dollars per unit of volume, which will be the 
Contractual Currency.
The unit of measure against which the price is quoted shall be megawatt-hours 
(MWh) and the quantity shown shall be in MW's delivered in each applicable 
hour for the duration of the Transaction (the "Hourly Quantity').
The transaction is for the hours beginning with the hour ending 1300 (12:00 
am) and concluding with the hour ending 2000 (8:00 pm) Central Prevailing 
Time on each Delivery Day.  'Delivery Day' means a day during the term of the 
transaction that is a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, 
excluding any day that is a NERC holiday.

---------------------- Forwarded by Chris Walker/HOU/ECT on 04/12/2001 12:08 
PM ---------------------------
From: Marcus Nettelton@ENRON on 04/12/2001 12:05 PM
To: Chris Walker/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Peter Makkai/NA/Enron@Enron 
Subject: Re: Super Peak loadshape language  

Chris

If it is firm Energy, to be delivered for a fixed period, starting and 
finishing at  the times specified, it is unclear why the scheduling 
requirement is applicable at all. 

The obligations are to deliver and receive and the parties have agreed to 
that. If there is a failure to deliver or failure to receive then the GTCs 
provide the non-defaulting party with a remedy. 

Please could you forward me the complete product description in any event.
 
Regards,
 
Marcus

	Chris Walker@ECT 04/12/2001 11:14 AM 	   To: Marcus Nettelton/NA/Enron@ENRON  
cc: Peter Makkai/NA/Enron@Enron  Subject: Re: Super Peak loadshape language

Marcus,

Please review the following loadshape language.  Peter Makkai would like to 
add the language in RED.

The transaction is for the hours beginning with the hour ending 1300 (12:00 
pm) and concluding with the hour ending 2000 (8:00 pm) Central Prevailing 
Time on each Delivery Day.  'Delivery Day' means a day during the term of the 
transaction that is a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, 
excluding any day that is a NERC holiday.  Firm energy shall be scheduled on 
a day ahead basis.  +Day ahead basis, means a day during the term of the 
transaction which precedes the Delivery Day.

Thanks,

CW
3-7533

---------------------- Forwarded by Chris Walker/HOU/ECT on 04/12/2001 11:00 
AM ---------------------------

Peter Makkai@ENRON
04/12/2001 09:58 AM
To: Chris Walker/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Super Peak loadshape language  

Chris,

loudshape language looks good,  just change this subtle change,

transaction which precedes a Delivery Day. to

transaction which precedes the Delilvery Day

when will this be reflected in the product description?

thank you,

Peter
31541

Chris Walker@ECT
04/12/2001 09:39 AM
To: Peter Makkai/NA/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: Super Peak loadshape language

Peter,

Review the folowing loadshape language and let me know of any suggestions.  
I'll then forward it to Marcus Nettelton.

The transaction is for the hours beginning with the hour ending 1300 (12:00 
pm) and concluding with the hour ending 2000 (8:00 pm) Central Prevailing 
Time on each Delivery Day.  'Delivery Day' means a day during the term of the 
transaction that is a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, 
excluding any day that is a NERC holiday.  Firm energy shall be scheduled on 
a day ahead basis.  +Day ahead basis, means a day during the term of the 
transaction which precedes a Delivery Day.

Thanks,

CW
3-7533