Subject: New Definition of CAISO
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 07:35:00 -0800 (PST)

Below please find the new definition of CAISO Energy. Please update all 
Masters under negotiation to include it. (For the avoidance of doubt - we are 
no longer making reference to a Schedule Adjustment). 

"CAISO Energy" means with respect to a Transaction, a Product under which the 
Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase a quantity of energy equal to 
the hourly quantity without Ancillary Services (as defined in the Tariff) 
that is or will be scheduled as a schedule coordinator to schedule 
coordinator transaction pursuant to the applicable tariff and protocol 
provisions of the California Independent System Operator ("CAISO") (as 
amended from time to time, the "Tariff") for which the only excuse for 
failure to deliver or receive is an "Uncontrollable Force" (as defined in the 
Tariff).

Brenda- I will help you insert this in our template EEI Cover Sheet.  

Regarding the Confirm Desk, I have already alerted them use this definition 
from here on and upon request in any outstanding confirms. I am also working 
with Leslie to get it changed on EOL. 

Lastly, the following entities verbally Ok'd this definition with us TODAY: 

1. AEP
2. Constellation
3. Edison Mission
4. Koch
5. Reliant
6. Southern Company Energy Marketing
7. Southern California Edison
8. Tractebel
9. Williams

Any questions, please call me or Christian (who, by the way, did an 
outstanding job on getting this definition finalized.) 

Shari