Subject: BPA and EEI
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 01:21:00 -0700 (PDT)

fyi
----- Forwarded by Elizabeth Sager/HOU/ECT on 04/16/2001 08:21 AM -----

	"Andy Katz" <[email-masked]>
	04/14/2001 07:08 AM
		 
		 To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Fwd: RE: April Western Power Contract Workshop

I thought you may find this message from one of BPA's attorney's of interest.
Received: from marble.bpa.gov by mail.eei.org; Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:02:47 -0400
Received: from brick2.bpa.gov (brick2 [170.160.1.251]) by marble.bpa.gov 
(8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA24066 for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 13 Apr 2001 
17:02:13 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from exch03.bpa.gov ([53.180.254.193]) by brick2.bpa.gov 
(8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA16580 for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 13 Apr 2001 
17:02:13 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by exch03.wins.bpa.gov with Internet Mail Service (5.5.2650.21) id 
<2V5XTADZ>; Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:02:14 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
From: Hull Gerit F - LP <[email-masked]>
To: "'Andy Katz'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Anderson, Brenda S - PTF-5" <[email-masked]>,        "Mills, David - 
PTF-5" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: April Western Power Contract Workshop
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:02:13 -0700
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2650.21)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Andy,

We still have some internal work to do before we can say whether there is
any chance BPA will use the EEI contract in the future.  Personally, I think
this depends largely on what the prevailing industry trading arrangements
are, and that seems to be the WSPP agreement right now.  But our eyes and
ears are open.  I will be attending the conference and expect it to be very
informative.  Thanks for sending out the brochure.

Gerit Hull

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Katz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 2:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: April Western Power Contract Workshop

Here's the final conference brochure.  The last panel of the day has a
comparison of the EEI and the WSPP and what the future holds for each.  If
you were inclined, having your thoughts on which agreement the BPA would
likely embrace in the future would be helpful.  If you speak, you get to
attend the entire conference for free.  Also, please feel free to pass the
brochure on to any counterparties in the west that you think would benefit.
FYI, if there is enough interest we can try to arrange getting additional
rooms at the Four Seasons at the conference rate.  If that is not an option,
there is a Mariott that we have a national account w/ that is only 5 minutes
from the Four Seasons.  If we get enough overflow we will guarantee the
Mariott a block of rooms to get a discount rate.  I

Andrew S. Katz, Director Industry Legal Affairs
Edison Electric Institute
701 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C.  20004
Voice:  202-508-5616
Fax:     202-508-5673
e-mail:  [email-masked]

>>> Hull Gerit F - LP <[email-masked]> 03/27/01 05:30PM >>>
Thanks Andy.

I'm hoping to come to Newport, but am not yet sure it will work out.  What
did you have in mind re: the EEI presentation?  (It looks like you have some
time on the Newport agenda.)

Gerit

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Katz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 2:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: April Western Power Contract Workshop

I don't have a final brochure on this, but here is a draft.  I've also
attached my law review article on the EEI Contract.  I can't recall if I
gave you  one at the WSPP meeting in S.F.  Hope all is going well.  If BPA
would like me to do a separate presentation on the EEI Contract, I can
arrange that as well.

Andrew S. Katz, Director Industry Legal Affairs
Edison Electric Institute
701 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C.  20004
Voice:  202-508-5616
Fax:     202-508-5673
e-mail:  [email-masked]