Subject: Re: Badak
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 01:13:00 -0800 (PST)

The status of the case has not changed. On Monday the 27th the court will 
hear our Motion for Summary Judgement on liability. We expect to win. Badack 
is contesting the damages and we will be required to endure some discovery. I 
predict we will have a judgement that we can excecute on by the 1st Q. Badack 
has increased its settlement offer to $2.4 million. We have offered $4.5 
million.

	William S Bradford
	11/20/2000 07:56 PM
		
		 To: Brant Reves/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Mary Lynne Ruffer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rebecca Ford/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard B 
Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tanya Rohauer/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: Badak

Badak is still in dispute.  Our litigation team headed by Richard Sanders is 
still negotiating with the company on some possible settlement.  We may need 
to write this balance down at some point.  I am not sure when to expect 
resolution to our negotiations. 

We will keep you posted as it progresses.

Bill

Brant Reves
11/20/2000 01:08 PM
To: William S Bradford/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Badak

Bill,

Where do we stand with Badak?

thanks
brant

---------------------- Forwarded by Brant Reves/HOU/ECT on 11/20/2000 01:08 
PM ---------------------------

Mary Lynne Ruffer
11/20/2000 12:25 PM
To: Brant Reves/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Cynthia Shoup/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rod Nelson/LON/ECT@ECT, Rebecca 
Ford/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Badak

Brant - Can you give us an update on Badak?  Thanks.
---------------------- Forwarded by Mary Lynne Ruffer/HOU/ECT on 11/20/2000 
12:21 PM ---------------------------
From: Rod Nelson on 11/20/2000 06:06 PM GMT
To: Mary Lynne Ruffer/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Badak  

Maybe you should speak to Bill Bradford or Brant Reves.  I'm not sure I have 
the latest news.  I can say that we terminated the positions and invoiced 
Badak after they failed to deliver (this was several months before my move to 
London).

If you'd like we can arrange a call with you, Bill and myself (I'd like 
someone from Houston to be involved).

Rod

Mary Lynne Ruffer
11/20/2000 05:57 PM
To: Rod Nelson/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Tanya Rohauer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Cynthia Shoup/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rebecca 
Ford/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Badak

Rod - We still have a receivable on our balance sheet for Badak.  Can you 
update us on the status?  Thanks.