Subject: Re: service of process
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 03:43:00 -0800 (PST)

After a review of the translated complaint, Rob Cole determined that the suit 
was a Risk Management matter and asked that we assist in the defense of San 
Juan Gas. Together with Rob, we identified local counsel (Guillermo Ramos of 
the Rivera, Tulla & Ferrer firm) and received Jim Derrick's permission to 
retain the identified local counsel. Mr. Ramos has made an appearance on 
behalf of San Juan Gas in the local fashion which provides for an automatic 
extension of time within which to file a responsive pleading. Mr. Ramos is 
presently preparing to conduct an initial investigation in order to determine 
the nature of the responsive pleading to be filed. 

Following our standard procedure, a file will be opened for this matter in 
the Litigation Unit and progress made in the case will be reported in the ELU 
Quarterly Report.

	Richard B Sanders@ECT
	01/09/2001 10:30 AM
		
		 To: David Grant/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Re: service of process

Where are we on this case?

	David Grant@ENRON
	12/22/2000 10:28 AM
		
		 To: Charles Cheek/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Becky Stephens/Corp/Enron@Enron, Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT, Robert 
C. Williams/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
		 Subject: Re: service of process

We forwarded the translated complaint to Risk Management for review. Rob Cole 
has indicated that it is a Risk Management matter and has asked that the Unit 
assist Risk Management in obtaining local counsel and in providing a defense. 
I will discuss the details with Rob on his return to the office next week and 
will report the results of our analysis and recommendations. 

	Charles Cheek
	12/20/2000 06:14 PM
		
		 To: Becky Stephens/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Robert C. Williams/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, David 
Grant/Corp/Enron, Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: service of process

Becky, Please copy Dave will the summons and complaint. This should be the 
system for all services involving any matter in  Puerto Rico. 

Bob, Are you still handling SJG matters or should this be sent to Richard 
Sanders?

Dave, Please advise Bob, Richard, and me of the nature of the dispute.

Thanks to each of you. 

	Becky Stephens
	12/20/2000 02:45 PM
		 
		 To: Robert C. Williams/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
		 cc: Charles Cheek/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 Subject: service of process

The following documents, received today, have been forwarded for your 
immediate review and consideration:

Dolores de Jesus Alvarez v. Municipio de San Juan, et al. v. San Juan Gas 
Company, Inc., et al.; No. KDP 99-2193 (805), In the Superior Court of the 
First Instance, San Juan Section, Puerto Rico.  SUMMONS and COMPLAINT served 
upon San Juan Gas Company, Inc. on 12/12/00.  This paperwork was forwarded on 
12/15/00 and received here on 12/20/00

PLEASE ADVISE IF NOT RECEIVED WITHIN 1 BUSINESS DAY.

Thank you !!

Becky A. Stephens
Litigation Unit, Enron Corp.
713/853-5025
713/853-6576 fax
EB4809