Subject: Re: Outstanding Invoice - Houston Hydrocarbons
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 01:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

I would be shocked if HH did not have insurance for the line repairs. We 
should ask their atty about this. 

	Ann Elizabeth White
	05/24/2000 12:15 PM
		
		 To: Candace L Bywaters/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Nathan L Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: Outstanding Invoice - Houston Hydrocarbons

Candy

I spoke to Steve and Gerald  about this last week.  On the monies they owed 
us under the gas lift contract, we gave them until May 10th to respond or we 
would institute litigation.  The attorney for HH, Jim Williams, called me 
last week and basically laid it out that HH sold all of its assets to White 
Oak back in December (and we already had been so informed by White Oak), that 
HH doesn't have any assets left and we could go after the principals if we 
wanted but they probably wouldn't even file an answer and we could just get a 
judgment and renew it every ten years for as long as we pleased.  He offered 
a flat settlement amount of $15,000 on our claim of $35,284.95.  Steve has 
given me the authority to accept the offer but after doing so will ask about 
settling the $11,000.00 claim for the line repairs.  Quite honestly, I don't 
hold out much hope of HPL recovering anything more than $15,000 but that is 
$15,000 more than we have right now.  Also, since Gerald was working on the 
gas lift debt, I've asked him to notify credit and put HH and its principals 
on the credit risk list so that we don't do any more deals with them.

	Candace L Bywaters
	05/24/2000 06:22 AM
		
		 To: Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Nathan L Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Ann Elizabeth White/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: Outstanding Invoice - Houston Hydrocarbons

As I recall, we were trying to muscle HH into paying that invoice for line 
repairs via you, Richard.  Had we decided to abandon our efforts due to their 
adamant denial of liability and refusal to pay?  It's really not enough money 
to go to court over.

Pls advise.

Meredith Powers
05/23/2000 01:08 PM
To: Candace L Bywaters/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Yvette Miroballi/HOU/ECT@ECT, Anita Eisenbrandt/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Outstanding Invoice - Houston Hydrocarbons

There is currently an invoice still outstanding from Houston Hydrocarbons.  
Here are the details:

Date of invoice:  12/9/98
Amount:  $11,775.86
Re:  Cost incurred to repair your 2" pipeline known as Fagin-O'Connor in 
Victoria County, Texas.

The invoice was sent to the attention of Robert Lemax.

Before I attempt to call them to collect, I thought I would contact you to 
see if there are any outstanding issues with Houston Hydrocarbons, such as an 
impending deal, a bankruptcy, etc...  Let me know if you have any insight.

Thanks for your assistance.

Meredith Powers
3-9662