Subject: California Conference in Santa Fe
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 04:01:00 -0800 (PST)

As you know, I plan to speak at a conference in Santa Fe on Monday.  I have 
adjusted the program so that I am no longer a "witness" who will be 
cross-examined.  That is, Michael Shames will not have an opportunity to ask 
me a series of uninterrupted questions.  I have also crafted a presentation 
that lays out a bunch of facts and introduces a theory for pricing storable 
commodities.  I think that my analysis highlights the major shortcomings for 
the Kahn/Joskow paper and the approach employed by the Department of Market 
Analysis.  My presentation has nothing to do with Enron.  I can defer any 
questions about generators to Gary Ackerman.  I can politely dismiss 
questions about Enron, its trading activities, or profitability.  I still 
could use some help on the just and reasonable price questions.  Attached 
below are the draft power point slides that I will use in the presentation as 
well as a word document with a draft script of the speech.  Please review and 
let me know your thoughts.  I will have my assistant, Debra Davidson, set up 
a call in the next couple of days to discuss.