Subject: RE: CalPX Participants' Committee - possible joinder in PGE motio n re ratepayers committee
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], zac
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 07:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

Enron opposes the official ratepayers committee.

	"Gurfein, Peter" <[email-masked]>
	05/16/2001 01:15 PM
		 
		 To: "'Jeffrey A. Krieger'" <[email-masked]>, "Gurfein, Peter" 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], "Anne Marie DeFelice" <[email-masked]>, 
"Cindy Stremmel" <[email-masked]>, "Garrett L. Hanken" 
<[email-masked]>, "Marc S. Cohen" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]
		 cc: 
		 Subject: RE: CalPX Participants' Committee - possible joinder in PGE motio n 
re ratepayers committee

MidAmerican agrees that it is inappropriate to form an official ratepayers 
creditors committee in the PG&E case.

Peter J. Gurfein
The Financial Restructuring Group
Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, L.L.P.
2029 Century Park East
Los Angeles, CA 90067
310-552-6696
310-229-1001 (fax)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey A. Krieger [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 9:43 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; Anne Marie DeFelice; Cindy Stremmel;
Garrett L. Hanken; Jeffrey A. Krieger; Marc S. Cohen; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: CalPX Participants' Committee - possible joinder in PGE motion
re ratepayers committee

To: CalPX Participants' Committee

Howard Weg has asked that I poll the committee members because several 
members of the committee have advised that they believe we should take a 
position supporting PG&E's motion to vacate the UST's appointment of a 
Ratepayers' committee in the PG&E bankruptcy case.  The idea is to file a 
brief joinder stating that the Participants' Committee in the CalPX case, 
representing constituents which are the real parties in interest of over $1.9 
billion in claims against PG&E, as scheduled by PG&E in
its list of 20 largest creditors, supports the motion and the joinder filed 
by the PG&E creditors' committee.  Our joinder would state that there is no 
statutory basis for appointing a ratepayers' committee and that it is not in 
the best interest of the estate.  We might also indicate that we agree with 
PGE and the PGE creditors' committee that there are other means for 
ratepayers to be heard which make more sense than giving them official 
committee status.  We would also appear telephonically
at the hearing, this Friday, at 10 a.m.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like a conference call on 
this issue.  Also, please let me know as soon as possible if you object to 
the committee taking this position.

Thank you.

Jeffrey A. Krieger
(310) 785-6869

www.ggfcmk.com

**************************
* Confidentiality Notice *
**************************

This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and is 
intended to be privileged and confidential within the attorney client 
privilege.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately 
notify the sender and delete all copies of this email message along with all 
attachments.  Thank you.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the 
personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message 
may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is 
privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the 
intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended 
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in 
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this 
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in 
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original 
message.