Subject: Re: Dispute Resolution in Colombia Trading Contracts
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 02:31:00 -0700 (PDT)

I am fine with the Chamber of Commerce arbitration, especially in light of 
the small amount of potential exposure. Could you send me a copy of the 
opinion from our local counsel.

	Robert C Williams@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
	07/18/2000 04:30 PM
		 
		 To: Stephanie Harris@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Rob Walls
		 cc: Mark Taylor@ECT, Jeffrey T Hodge@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Richard Sanders, 
Francisco Pinto Leite/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Frank 
Sayre/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
		 Subject: Dispute Resolution in Colombia Trading Contracts

Jim,

As you know, Jeff Skilling has approved opening a trading operation in 
Columbia.   The company's open position at any one time will be no more than 
$500,000.  Jeff Hodge and Francisco Pinto-Leite have been working  on the 
trading contracts.  Our businesspeople inform us that they will not be able 
to obtain counterparties' agreement to international arbitration.  We, for 
our part, are unwilling to agree to refer all disputes to the Colombia 
courts.  The best option appears to be arbitration conducted under the 
auspices of the Bogota Chamber of Commerce.  We have obtained a written 
opinion from local counsel, Figueroa Sierra & Asociados, opining that this 
body has a proven record of conducting arbitrations fairly, without bias, and 
free from corruption.  In particular, foreign parties have been treated 
without discrimination, winning their fair share of awards.  We are 
requesting that we be permitted to accept the Bogota Chamber of Commerce as 
the exclusive forum for resolving any disputes that might arise under our 
trading contracts.   I am aware that we have accepted local arbitration for 
trading disputes in Buenos Aries; I am not sure whether we have done so in 
Europe.

Please let me know if this is acceptable to you, or if would like additional 
information.    

Thank you.