Subject: Coho $500mm lawsuit against Hicks Muse
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

This may be of interest to you.
---------------------- Forwarded by Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT on 06/03/99 
05:15 PM ---------------------------
   
	Enron Capital & Trade Resources Corp.
	
	From:  "Timothy J Detmering" <[email-masked]>                          
 06/03/99 04:23 PM

To: Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT
cc:  
Subject: Coho $500mm lawsuit against Hicks Muse

---------------------- Forwarded by Timothy J Detmering/HOU/ECT on 06/03/99
04:22 PM ---------------------------

To:   Timothy J Detmering/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:
Subject:  Coho $500mm lawsuit against Hicks Muse

Thought you might find this interesting.
I have printed out the Petition and Exhibits and highlighted the key points.  
If
you want me to send it up your way, just send back an email.

==============================================================================
=======================================

Coho Energy Files Suit Against Hicks Muse Affiliates

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 27, 1999--Coho Energy Inc. (Nasdaq:COHO - news)
today announced that it has filed suit against five affiliates of
Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst seeking damages of more than five hundred million
dollars ($500,000,000).

The suit, which was filed on Coho's behalf in state court by the noted Dallas
trial firm of Thomas & Culp, L.L.P., alleges that HM4, a limited partnership
formed by Hicks Muse on behalf of the Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Equity Fund 
IV,
reneged on a contract to inject $250,000,000 of equity capital into the 
Company.
 The deal would have
given HM4 control of Coho through the purchase of 41,666,666 shares of newly
issued common stock at $6.00 per share.

The suit alleges that HM4 waited until after Coho's public stockholders had
approved the agreement, then reneged on the deal at the last minute in order 
to
renegotiate the price down to $4.00
per share in order to increase the number of shares that HM4 would have 
received
 for the $250,000,000. Then according to the allegations, HM4 walked away from
the new agreement.

The Company has opened a Web page at www.coholawsuit.com in order to keep the
public and its stockholders informed of progress in the case. The petition 
filed
 in court will be available in
full text at the Web site at approximately 2:00 p.m., CDT, today.