Subject: Interfert
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:23:00 -0700 (PDT)

Is this the usual way Freshfield bills? Out of principle, I would ask for 
itemize bills. Please give me your thoughts.
---------------------- Forwarded by Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT on 06/22/99 
02:19 PM ---------------------------

Britt Davis@ENRON
06/17/99 10:29 AM
To: Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT, Linda R Guinn/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Brenda McAfee/Corp/Enron@Enron, Shirley Davey/Corp/Enron@Enron 
Subject: Interfert

 You may recall that I received a bill from Freshfield's for their work in 
this case in the amount of FF 120,000 (approximately $24,000).  Because it 
was not itemized, I sent it back for itemization.  I have since received from 
Freshfield's a letter of June 11, attaching a description of the services 
performed, but with no mention of the hours spent, either for the whole job, 
or for each item.  I will send a copy of this to you for your review.

 I am not familiar with Freshfield's billing practices generally or whether 
ECT has any agreement with Freshfield's for providing specific billing 
formats.  I do not want to strain ECT's relationship with Freshfield's by 
asking for more information if that is not reasonable to do.

 Richard and Linda, would one of you provide me some guidance as to whether 
you need additional information from Freshfield's or not?  Thanks.

        B.K.D.