Subject: Re: Fort James/RFQ
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 06:41:00 -0700 (PDT)

Enron is still negotiating a termination of the FJ Energy Alliance (per the 
terms of the agreement).  So technically FJ remains obligated to communicate 
to us any competitive energy match opportunities.  If Enron is unable to 
match the competitive terms, then at least we gain some market intelligence 
in the process.
Good Luck!

Pierre de Gaulle@ECT
10/15/99 09:42 AM
To: Roy Poyntz/LON/ECT@ECT, Raphael Brun/LON/ECT@ECT, Delphine 
Massart/LON/ECT@ECT, Justin Boyd/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Joe Gold/LON/ECT@ECT, Dave Samuels/LON/ECT@ECT, Kevin 
Hyatt/ET&S/Enron@Enron 
Subject: Fort James/RFQ

We received end July a request for proposal for the electricity supply to 
Fort James France. At that time, I refered to the Global Strategic Energy 
Alliance Agreement concluded between James River Corporation and ECT on April 
17, 1999 and I asked to be communicated the essential elements of energy 
proposals submitted to them by competitors.
Although ECT Houston cancelled the Alliance on Aug 16th, 1999, Fort James 
have communicated to us the conditions of their best proposal, as follows: 

- Contracting Quantity: 250 GWh a year
- Delivery Period: 1st Jan 2000-31st Dec. 2000 (both included)
- On site delivery to the two eligible sites of Gien (115GWh) and Hondouville 
(135 GWh) on the 90Kv grid
- The supplier will have full responsability of the supply to the sites, 
including transmission and metering system
- Contracting Price: FRF 18.8 cts/Kwh, including transmission, balancing 
power, tax and back-up

Current contracting capacities for the sites of Gien and Hondouville are 
respectively 15MW (min 11MW, max 20MW) and 18.6MW (min 14.6MW, max 22MW). 
Load factor is 85%.    

Load shapes for the two sites are not available. We have only obtained 
aggregate load shapes for their four sites in France. Fort James is a 
paper-making company, producing paper towels, napkins, plates, cups, bath and 
facial tissue. Power consumption is therefore erratic but paper jams doesn't 
cause the plants to stop.

They made it very clear that they wanted full requirement for this year, due 
to the transitionnal regime.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we are able to match this offer. Your 
thoughts are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Pierre