Subject: Re: Broadwing status please?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 03:19:00 -0800 (PST)

Kenton, 
                FYI...
                 We have opened a  'keep cost'  work order for restoration of 
cable damaged by IXC.   We are tracking any and all replacement/restoration 
costs associated with the work, including surveillance & locating people we 
have with IXC construction crews.  

Brad

	Kenton Erwin
	03/10/00 09:57 AM
		
		 To: Steve Elliott/Enron Communications@Enron Communications
		 cc: Brad Cheney/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, David 
Leatherwood/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Kevin Kohnstamm/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications, Kristina Mordaunt/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications, Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT, Scott 
Bolton/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Wilson Dietrich/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications
		 Subject: Re: Broadwing status please?

The damage recovery phase hasn't begun yet (we're still collecting repair 
costs, and, at least until lately, Broadwing has still been cutting our 
cable).  We will first try to settle with Broadwing, once we've tallied all 
our damages.  If that doesn't work, our pending injunction suit also includes 
a request for damages which the court would then hear.  David and Brad could 
tell you better about the extent of our damages; I have a sense that it may 
be about $400k, including a new reel of cable we need to install.  Those are 
just the outside repair costs; we may be able to get employees' time, 
attorney fees, and maybe (though unlikely) even some punitives or something 
for lost reputation if we can prove our market share suffered.

Kenton

From: Steve Elliott on 03/10/2000 09:36 AM
To: Kenton Erwin/Enron Communications@Enron Communications
cc: Brad Cheney/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, David 
Leatherwood/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Kevin Kohnstamm/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications, Kristina Mordaunt/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications, Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT, Scott 
Bolton/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Wilson Dietrich/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications 

Subject: Re: Broadwing status please?  

ok thanks.  What is our strategy for recovering damages for the cuts to date 
and how much do we think their cuts have cost us in re-construction efforts?