Subject: Re: In re M/V PACIFIC VIRGO
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 01:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION, ATTORNEY WORK 
PRODUCT

David and Richard, FYI.    

 Deborah, please print and file.

   Britt
----- Forwarded by Britt Davis/Corp/Enron on 08/16/2000 07:55 AM -----

	Matthias Lee@ECT
	08/16/2000 03:40 AM
		
		 To: Britt Davis/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Deborah Shahmoradi/NA/Enron@Enron, Brenda McAfee/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Alan 
Aronowitz/HOU/ECT@ECT, Harry M Collins/HOU/ECT@ECT, Michael A 
Robison/HOU/ECT@ECT, Angeline Poon/SIN/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: In re M/V PACIFIC VIRGO

Britt

Please see below.

Regards
Matt

From: Britt Davis@ENRON on 08/11/2000 02:38 AM
To: Matthias Lee/SIN/ECT@ECT
cc: [email-masked], Deborah Shahmoradi/NA/Enron@Enron, Brenda 
McAfee/Corp/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: In re M/V PACIFIC VIRGO

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION, ATTORNEY WORK 
PRODUCT

Matt,

 I've reviewed your good summary (which I know is subject to Eric Tan's 
review).  As you know, David has asked you in an e-mail sent today whether 
you have any evidence that the D3605 method with ashing was used at loadport, 
as your summary indicates.  In addition, I have the following questions for 
when you have time to take a look at them; there are a lot, so don't feel 
like you have to get them all answered tomorrow:

 1. Was filterable dirt analysis used at loadport? YES  If not, why not?  If 
so, what was the test method and results? D2276 ON SPEC AT 2.0 If a test 
other than D2276 was used, why was some other test used?  If (a) no 
filterable dirt analysis was done at all or (b) some method other than D2276 
was used, on whose recommendation/authority was this done?  Do we have any 
evidence that FGH was on notice/agreed to this?

 2.  Why was D5452 used for filterable dirt on the Ship Composite sample 
taken before discharge at Thailand?SGS THAILAND WAS NOT ABLE TO USE D2276. I 
WILL FORWARD E-MAIL DATED 05/07/00 FROM SGS THAILAND ON THIS ISSUE 
SEPARATELY. On whose recommendation/authority was this done? D5452 WAS 
RECOMMENDED BY SGS THAILAND AND APPROVED BY ERIC.  Do we have any evidence 
that FGH was on notice/agreed to this?  NO. TESTS SUBSEQUENT TO REJECTION 
WERE CONDUCTED BY ECTRS IN ATTEMPT TO VERIFY CAUSE/SOURCE OF CONTAMINATION 
AND HOPEFULLY RECTIFY AND DELIVER TO FGH. ALTHOUGH THEY KNEW WE WERE DOING 
RE-TESTS, FGH WAS NOT INVOLVED.

 3.  Was D2276 used at any time on the Ship Composite sample taken before 
discharge at Thailand? NO. THERE WAS NO OTHER SHIP COMPOSITE SAMPLE 
AVAILABLE. ALL OTHER "THAILAND" TESTS ARE FROM SHORETANK SAMPLES. If so, what 
were the results?  If the decision was made not to use D2276, again, on whose 
recommendation/authority was this done?   Do we have any evidence that FGH 
was on notice/agreed to this? 

 4.  Why/how did Caleb Brett Singapore/Subic Bay get involved?  BECAUSE OF 
THE VARIATION IN TEST RESULTS, ECTRS WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT IT WAS NOT A 
FAULT IN SGS TESTING PROCEDURE AND ENGAGED CALEB BRETT TO DO AN INDEPENDENT 
TESTS AS A COUNTER CHECK. AT THIS STAGE, ECTRS WAS STILL HOPINGTO RECTIFY THE 
SITUATION AND DELIVER THE CARGO TO FGH.

 5. Re the Caleb Brett Singapore testing, all the usual questions about why 
D5184/5185 were used (instead of D3605), whether Caleb Brett tested for 
filterable dirt, etc. CALEB BRETT SUBIC/SINGAPORE DO NOT USE D3605 FOR 
METALS. I WILL FORWARD E-MAIL DATED 17/07/00 FROM CALEB BRETT SINGAPORE ON 
THIS SUBJECT SEPARATELY. D5184/5185 WAS RECOMMENDED BY CALEB BRETT AND AGREED 
TO BY ERIC TO COUNTER CHECK ON SGS TEST RESULTS. AGAIN, THESE TESTS WERE 
CARRIED OUT BY ECTRS WITHOUT THE INVOLVEMENT OF FGH WHICH HAS AT THE TIME 
ALREADY REJECTED THE CARGO. ECTRS WAS AT THE TIME ATTEMPTING TO FIND THE 
FAULT AND HOPEFULLY RECTIFY IT AND DELIVER THE CARGO TO FGH.

Again, please do not go outside Enron for answers to these questions.  Don't 
hesitate to ask if they require clarification.  I greatly appreciate your 
help.

       Britt