Subject: Re: Updated Excel Chart
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 04:36:00 -0800 (PST)

That's a good point.  I think all of the data on the spreadsheet represents 
retail sales.  However, we have also been asked to provide data on wholesale 
transactions.  EES does about 95% of its wholesale business with EPMI.  What 
are your thoughts on disclosing data relevant to the 5% of the wholesale 
purchases that are not with EPMI?  

From: James D Steffes@ENRON on 11/01/2000 04:46 PM
To: Mike D Smith/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Susan J Mara/SFO/EES@EES, Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Updated Excel Chart

Mike --

Before we send this in, I want to make sure that EES is submitting "retail" 
transactions clearly jurisidictional to the CPUC.  Your note says that EPMI 
will not be turning over similar wholesale data.

Jim

----- Forwarded by James D Steffes/NA/Enron on 11/01/2000 04:44 PM -----

	Susan J Mara
	11/01/2000 02:43 PM
		 
		 To: James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Updated Excel Chart

Jim and Jeff
I received this from Mike Smith.  He also called me.  I haven't been in the 
loop on this stuff and am not sure what to do with it.  
----- Forwarded by Susan J Mara/NA/Enron on 11/01/2000 12:37 PM -----

	Mike D Smith@EES
	10/31/2000 11:35 AM
		 
		 To: Susan J Mara/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Updated Excel Chart

---------------------- Forwarded by Mike D Smith/HOU/EES on 10/31/2000 01:33 
PM ---------------------------
   
	Enron Energy Services
	
	From:  Mike D Smith                           10/30/2000 09:11 AM

To: [email-masked], Susan J Mara/SFO/EES@EES
cc: Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT, [email-masked], Richard 
Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, James E Keller/HOU/EES@EES, James D 
Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron 
Subject: Updated Excel Chart

PRIVILEGED ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION

Mike and Sue--attached is the Excel spreadsheet of EES/EEMC trading info that 
we are considering turning over to the Cal PUC in response to the Subpoena.  
EPMI will not be turning over similar wholesale data, at least not at this 
point.

In that you have done much of the EES retail regulatory work in California, 
please let me know if you see any regulatory implications in turning over 
this info.  It seems to me that by doing so we would be at least tacitly 
admitting to the jurisdiction of the PUC to request and receive this info.  
By doing so, would we be undoing groundwork you have already laid?  Would we 
be jeopardizing our right to object to similar requests in the future?  Would 
we be opening any doors to more of this type of regulation?  My concern is 
that this info is innocuous and irrelevant now, but what about future 
requests for info that we do care about?

Also, what do the FERC info we learned on Friday and the new ISO price caps 
do to our response strategy?

Please respond asap--we need to be able to tell the PUC something in the next 
48 hours.  You can call me at 713 853 9503.  Thanks.  MDS

---------------------- Forwarded by Mike D Smith/HOU/EES on 10/30/2000 09:02 
AM ---------------------------

Allison McHenry
10/27/2000 12:00 PM

To: Mike D Smith/HOU/EES@EES
cc:  
Subject: Updated Excel Chart

Attached is the updated chart re the CA subpoena. Please let me know if I can 
do anything else.