Subject: Intrust USA v. Enron Investment Partners, et al
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

Bonnie, I have reviewed the additional pleadings you forwarded with respect 
to the above.  I don't see where there is a Cause of Action which would have 
triggered a defense obligation prior to now.  Our payment of legal fees and 
costs will be effected from the date this lawsuit was served (9/8/00).  We 
will only be responsible for the legal fees and costs associated with 
defending this matter.  Thus, if the same law firm is used on this matter as 
on the previously filed litigation, we will need to make sure they understand 
how to bill on this matter (separate billing may be needed).  An Engagement 
Agreement will be needed as well.

Please call me to discuss.  Do we know why the other litigation was abated?  
Does this mean that retained counsel will simply be performing tasks 
associated with this matter?  Please advise.

Thanks,

Rob

---------------------- Forwarded by Rob Cole/HOU/ECT on 09/15/2000 12:35 PM 
---------------------------

Rob Cole
09/14/2000 09:17 AM
To: Bonnie White/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Becky Zikes/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Jim Armogida/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Richard B 
Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT, [email-masked], James P Studdert/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Intrust USA v. Enron Investment Partners, et al

Please see the attached.  Call in the event you have any questions.  Thanks,

Rob
3-7739