Subject: Press Release - Assignment of CanFibre shares
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

Randy & Richard:

I am working with Scott Turner in connection with the possible assignment of 
shares of CanFibre from Kafus to Enron.  Under Canadian securities law, a 
company is required to disclose a "material change".  A material change 
includes a change in ownership that may significantly be expected to affect 
the trading price of shares of a company.  As a result of the order issued by 
the British Columbia Securities Commission, we believe that there is a 
disclosure obligation that affects at least CanFibre, and may affect Enron.

We have therefore drafted a proposed press release for CanFibre for your 
review and comment, and would ask that you consider whether Enron is also 
required to disclose the potential assignment.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Tamara

Tamara L. Howarth
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
Suite 2600, Three Bentall Centre
595 Burrard Street, PO Box 49314
Vancouver, BC  V7X 1L3

Tel:  604.631.3353
Fax:  604.631.3309
E-mail:  [email-masked]

This e-mail communication is confidential and legally privileged.  If you are 
not the intended recipient, please notify me at the telephone number shown 
above or by return e-mail and delete this communication and any copy 
immediately.  Thank you.

 - PressRel.DOC