Subject: Re: Recording Trades from made on Mobile phones
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 04:24:00 -0800 (PST)

Richard,

Can you please review this and let me know if what you think. 

Thanks,  Robert

Andy Cowx
11/09/2000 05:15 AM
To: Robert Knight/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Recording Trades from made on Mobile phones

Robert,

Please see my e-mail to Cindy , she has requested that a similar facility is 
set up in Houston, is it possible ?

Thanks

Andy
---------------------- Forwarded by Andy Cowx/LON/ECT on 09/11/2000 11:17 
---------------------------

Cindy Horn
08/11/2000 17:51
To: Andy Cowx/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Nigel Denty/LON/ECT@ECT, Martin Paddington/LON/ECT@ECT, Kenneth 
Drury/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Recording Trades from made on Mobile phones  

This is great news!!!  Can you handle sending this announcement as I assume 
this was an audit issue for the other trading groups as well!!

Also,  how can we get this same process in place for the Houston and 
Singapore offices??  They have the same issues on their audits.  Thanks you 
guys did a great job!!!!   Cindy

Andy Cowx
08/11/2000 12:26
To: Cindy Horn/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Nigel Denty/LON/ECT@ECT, Martin Paddington/LON/ECT@ECT, Kenneth 
Drury/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Recording Trades from made on Mobile phones  

Cindy,

We have some good news for you.  We have set up a number which can only be 
called from Enron Mobile phones (37373), when you dial this number you will 
hear dialtone.  The dialtone is coming from the phone system at Enron House, 
you are then able to dial exactly as if you were at your desk, ie dial '9' 
and the number you wish to reach.

All calls coming through this route will be recorded and can be retrieved by 
the telecoms team for playback / reference.

We have also ensured that external people cannot dial this number from 
outside the building by using 020 7783 7373.

Let me know if you want to issue a note as a General Announcement or whether 
you wish to handle the distribution of the number.

Regards,

Andy
x37285

Cindy Horn
31/10/2000 17:37
To: Andy Cowx/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Nigel Denty/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Who should I talk to on this one?  

Instead of providing a phone number could there be a short code or something 
that they do that in the background dials this number so no one gets access 
to this number?   I know that this is an issue in all of the offices with 
traders making deals on cell phones on unrecorded lines.  I do not want to do 
something that puts Enron at risk though.  Thanks Cindy

Andy Cowx
31/10/2000 17:02
To: Cindy Horn/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Nigel Denty/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Who should I talk to on this one?

Cindy,

We can provide a telephone number in the office which the traders can call 
from their mobile phone, they would then be offered dialtone from the 
telephone system and can then dial on to an external party.

The call would then be routed out from the office and would be subject the 
the normal recording criteria.

However I wouldn't recommend this approach as we are opening up an external 
gateway for people to use our telephone system, this would be unmetered and 
not secure. The potential for toll-fraud is something that we need to take 
into account.

Regards,

Andy Cowx

---------------------- Forwarded by Andy Cowx/LON/ECT on 31/10/2000 17:02 
---------------------------

Nigel Denty
31/10/2000 16:41
To: Cindy Horn/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Andy Cowx/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Who should I talk to on this one?  

I'll ask Andy Cowx (Telecoms Manager) to investigate - my initial thoughts 
are that technically this may not be possible.
regards,
Nigel

Cindy Horn
31/10/2000 16:01
To: Nigel Denty/LON/ECT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: Who should I talk to on this one?

If the traders do a deal from their cell phone, is there a way they can have 
that call routed back through the phones in the building so it gets done on a 
recorded line?  I know if you call someone and then dial some numbers it 
takes you to their cell phone.  Can it work backwards so they hit some 
numbers and it routes the call through the office?   This would help with 
some of our AA issues.  Thanks Cindy