Subject: In re M/V SANTA CLARA
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:21:00 -0800 (PST)

Andrew,

This will confirm our telephone conference of yesterday.  Again, I will be 
your new contact at Enron in the above-referenced case.  You advised that 
Exmar, the disponent owner of the M/V SANTA CLARA, has made a demurrage claim 
against EGLI, who fixed the charter with Exmar, of  approximately $165,000, 
arising out of the loading of a cargo of propane on the ship in March of 
1991.  You also advised that EGLI has a counterclaim for recovery of 
deadfreight in the amount of approximately $150,000.  This matter has 
reportedly been only sporadically active over the many years since the claims 
were made, and is now ready to be set for an arbitration date.

You mentioned that Exmar's attorney had been unresponsive to your suggestion 
that the parties just drop their respective claims.  I understand that you 
feel this may be due to Exmar's attorney, rather than his client.  You 
further mentioned that you have read that some Enron entity is or has in the 
recent past entered into charters with Exmar.

It makes no sense for Enron and Exmar to pursue this matter further, given 
what you have told me.  My plan is to confirm that Enron has in fact a 
business relationship with Exmar that would allow us to go forward with a 
"drop hands" settlement.  If you retained the publication in which you read 
about the recent charters, I would ask that you send it to me immediately.  
Since I don't yet have the file from my clients, please also send me the 
correct spelling of Exmar's name at your earliest convenience.

By copy of this e-mail, I am asking everyone who I can think of whether they 
know if any Enron entity has (or has had in the recent past) a ship under 
charter to Exmar.  If one of you can suggest other names I might check, 
please let me know.  I would like to put this old dog out of its misery 
before year end if it is humanly possible to do so.

Britt