Subject: RE: nsm
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:10:00 -0700 (PDT)

I understand from Cleary Gottlieb (counsel for the bondholders steering 
committee) that various objections have been filed to the claims filed in the 
Thai bankruptcy proceedings.? Apparently the committee has objected to some 
claims, including claims filed by the Thai banks, and the Thai banks have 
filed objections to others, including the claims filed by Chase as indenture 
trustee. The lawyer at Cleary did not know whether any objections to Enron's 
claim had been filed, but is trying to track down a list of all of the 
objections and send it to me.

Have you received notice of any objections to Enron's claims?? I would also 
be interested in any information you might be able to obtain regarding other 
significant objections.? Cleary indicates that the Thai bankruptcy court will 
be conducting hearings on the claims objections from late September through 
the end of October.? Could you please provide confirmation or an update 
regarding that process?

Thank you.? I hope all is well. 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Lisa Mellencamp [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 7:01 AM 
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
Cc: Richard B Sanders 
Subject: nsm 

richard, thanks for your confirm as to filing. 
what can we expect re the objection process? timeline, formal objection 
process 
etc?? how will our contingent indemnity claim be handled? 
can you look to see what indenture trustee filed? whether other underwriters 
filed claims such as our indemnity claim? i am sure the documents are 
voluminous, but we would be interested in a summary. 
thanks for your quick help and diligence. 
feel free to email us as progresses. please copy both richard sanders and 
myself. [email-masked]. 

Lisa J. Mellencamp 
Enron North America Corp. 
1400 Smith St. 
Houston, TX? 77002 
Tel:? (713) 853-7986 
Fax: (713) 646-3393 

This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential 
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee 
or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended 
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, 
distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. 
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify 
the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.