Subject: Re: R & C Trucks, Inc. v. ENA (Van Scoyk auto incident of 2/9/00)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 01:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

I have forwarded yor e-mail to Michelle Cash. Hopefully, she can answer your 
questions

	Eileen Kisluk@ENRON
	09/22/2000 08:07 AM
		 
		 To: Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Rob Cole/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: R & C Trucks, Inc. v. ENA (Van Scoyk auto incident of 2/9/00)

Richard - -

This matter is riddled with insurance law and employment law issues.  If the 
independent contractor is deemed to be an employee under Wyoming law, then 
our insurance may come into play.  However, this has more significant 
implications under the employment arena.  A very valid argument exists if he 
is deemed to have been  an employee, then employment benefits may be due and 
owing.  I am somewhat familiar with these issues as I dealt with a similar 
issue for Enron Oil & Gas many years ago.

Who should I visit with regarding employment related issues?  Furthermore, if 
we have "independent contractors" driving their personal automobiles in 
discharging their duties, if they do not procure the correct insurance we 
will be facing this issue in the future. More specifically, when an 
individual places auto insurance they must tell the insurer that they are 
driving in their vehicle for business purposes, otherwise the insurer will 
deny coverage on these grounds. This is one of the issues that we are facing 
here.  

I await your response.

- - EWK