Subject: Re: Law Firm Recommendation/O'Melveny & Myers
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 04:22:00 -0800 (PST)

One of their litigators--Steve Smith-- is representing Duke International in 
a recently filed arbitration against ENA in which Duke seeks to cancel an LNG 
contract with ENA that is valued at $170 million. As you will recall, this 
representation was the reason that we did not meet with O'Melveny when we 
were in CA last month.

	James Derrick@ENRON
	01/10/2001 05:30 PM
		 
		 To: Mark E Haedicke/HOU/ECT@ECT, Vicki Sharp/HOU/EES@EES, Richard B 
Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT, Robert C Williams/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Law Firm Recommendation/O'Melveny & Myers

Please let me have your thoughts re Adam's message.  Thank you.  Jim
---------------------- Forwarded by James Derrick/Corp/Enron on 01/10/2001 
04:44 PM ---------------------------

Adam Umanoff
01/08/2001 03:50 PM
To: James Derrick/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Eric Newell/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Law Firm Recommendation/O'Melveny & Myers

Jim - Happy New Year!  While I am no longer on the legal side of the fence, I 
want to pass on to you my strong recommendation for you to consider using 
O'Melveny & Myers, in particular for California litigation,  but perhaps in 
other areas.  Over the past 2 years, we used O'Melveny in connection with the 
wind cos dispute with Florida Power & Light, and they did a great job.  
O'Melveny is one of the 2 or 3 largest firms in California and probably one 
of its oldest and finest.  One of their litigation partners (and good 
personal friend of mine) is named Brian Curry, and if you have any interest 
in meeting these guys, they would very much like the chance to meet you.  
Please let me know if there might be any interest.  I hope all is well with 
you and your family.  Best regards. Adam