Subject: Re: FW: Documentation retention and Email
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

I am ok.

	Rob Walls/ENRON@enronXgate
	04/16/2001 05:44 PM
		 
		 To: Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Robert C Williams/ENRON@enronXgate
		 Subject: FW: Documentation retention and Email

Richard -

Please let me know if you are on board with Enron Europe's proposal.  Thanks.

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Brungs, Ian  
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 1:17 PM
To: Williams, Robert; Walls, Rob
Cc: Boyd, Justin
Subject: Documentation retention and Email

Hello Robert and Rob,

I thought I would respond to a few of the issues which were raised in 
Robert's email of March 23rd regarding the email retention policy. 
The overall policy which seems to be now agreed to for European emails 
appears below.  

INBOX- Deletion after 30 days
SENT deleted after 30 days- ( now confirmed that once in folder, it will not 
be deleted s.t comments below)
TRASH- 15 days( same as policy )
FOLDERS- moved to archives/ livelink via OUTLOOK after 365 days after being 
in folder
ARCHIVES 6 years (livelink or Ivault)

However while the above time limits have been 'agreed', IT have also been 
developing project OMNI which as I understand it will replace Lotus Notes 
with Outlook.  The implementation of Outlook, involves limiting the amount of 
email stored ( both in your inbox and the folders) to 100Mb before it is 
removed from the folder or inbox and over into an archiving system 
(hopefully). This technical limitation (100Mb) may or may not clash with the 
day limitations we have proposed above, depending on the amount of emails one 
receives and the type of attachments which are in the emails themselves. The 
ultimate interaction between the technical parameters (100Mb) together with 
the time limitations (number of days) will have to be worked out. 

With respect to the issue of recycling and back up tapes, once we have a 
reliable archive system in place we can move to eliminate the back up tapes 
for received emails and recycle them in a similar fashion to Houston. However 
it should be noted that whatever archive system we decide to use, whether it 
be livelink, Ivault or some other system, we will also have some sort of back 
up system for the archive whether it be tapes or through some other type of 
mechanism.

I have spoken with a few of the IT people on our end and we will be having 
meetings to ensure that we are all of the same mind when it comes to the 
implementation of this policy. Hopefully this addresses a few of the concerns 
which were expressed. If anyone has any further comments, concerns or 
questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me at 0207 783 4084.

Kind Regards,

Ian Brungs