Subject: Data Retention Reminder
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], e-mail <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:38:43 -0700 (PDT)

As most people are aware, there are a variety of proceedings and investigations pertaining to the western wholesale power markets.  More than 50 market participants are involved in litigation on both the state and federal level.  We have no reason to believe that Enron has been singled out in any of these investigations.  

Each person in the Portland office needs to be aware of and comply with our data retention policies.  These policies are not new.  I have previously sent out e-mails delineating our policy.  This e-mail simply serves as a reminder.  

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

The purpose of this message is to update employees on the
status of the California Attorney General's order regarding the preservation
of business information.  Please NOTE THE IMPORTANT POLICIES DESCRIBED
BELOW.

Please continue to ahdere to the following business information retention policies:

(1) PERSONAL EMAIL: can be kept, discarded,
etc. at will.

(2) BUSINESS EMAIL: do not delete any
business email sent or received for 24 hours.  This 24 hour delay will allow
the network to save a backup copy of the email.  After 24 hours, BUSINESS
EMAIL may be kept, discarded, etc. at will.

(3) WORD PROCESSING FILES OR FILE FRAGMENTS:
do not delete any SAVED FILE or any FILE FRAGMENT.  This policy covers any
FILE or FILE FRAGMENT that you have saved on your hard disk or the network.

(4) DATABASES: do not delete any information
in DATABASES.

(5) EXCEL SPREADSHEETS: do not delete any
information in EXCEL SPREADSHEETS.

(6) CALENDARS OR SCHEDULING PROGRAMS: do not
delete any information.

(7) OTHER ELECTRONIC DATA: do not delete any
OTHER ELECTRONIC DATA.

(8) HARD DRIVE CAPACITY: in the event that
you run out of disk space on your personal computer, you may copy files to
the network (where they will be backed up), then delete the files from your
personal computer to create the work space you need.  DO NOT DELETE ANY FILE
BEFORE YOU HAVE COPIED IT TO THE NETWORK.

In our negotiations we have discovered no
reason to believe that Enron has been singled out for investigation by the
Attorney General.  We will update you as we learn more.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Tim Belden