Subject: RE: OASIS Information
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:46:41 -0700 (PDT)

I am hopeful that Linda Robertson and Jim Steffes can discuss the pending political issue with the filing either today in Houston, or Monday.

   

	  From:  Dave Perrino @ ECT                           05/31/2001 07:46 PM	

To:	"Ronald Carroll" <[email-masked]> @ ENRON
cc:	<[email-masked]>@ENRON, <[email-masked]>@ENRON, <[email-masked]>@ENRON, <[email-masked]>@ENRON, <[email-masked]>@ENRON, <[email-masked]>@ENRON, <[email-masked]>@ENRON 

Subject:	RE: OASIS Information   

Ron,

No, I do not believe that this is the new operating procedure they were talking about.  I would think that an operating procedure would be one which would describe the use of TRM or some other mechanism by which they "adjust" the TTC/ATC.

As I understand the conclusion of the Gov't Affairs call today, the decision to file the complaint will be addressed at sometime tomorrow.  While some of us believe we should proceed with the filing as planned, others have voiced concerns that need to be addressed.  I would expect we'll talk tomorrow.

The reason I copied you on the original message was to provide you with more information from the ISO which states (something I didn't expect them to say) we rarely use TRM - If I where them I never would have put that statement in writing becuse that just took away their argument to explain the last 5 months of ATC reduction that we have observed!

Kind Regards,

Dave

"Ronald Carroll" <[email-masked]> on 05/31/2001 04:41:04 PM
To:	<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc:	<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]> 

Subject:	RE: OASIS Information

According to this email, a "new OASIS system [will] soon . . . go online."  I assume that this is the new operating procedures that was mentioned in the earlier emails to Sue.  If we intend to file our ATC complaint, I therefore suggest that we do so tomorrow (June 1st), before the new OASIS system goes online.  We are ready to file.  Please advise.  Ron 

>>> <[email-masked]> 05/31/01 07:22PM >>>
Sue,

The ISO "rarely" operates with a TRM!!!!  Imagine that.

Kind Regards,

Dave
---------------------- Forwarded by Dave Perrino/SF/ECT on 05/31/2001 04:18
PM ---------------------------

"Webber, Karen" <[email-masked]> on 05/31/2001 04:09:02 PM

To:   [email-masked] 
cc:   "Lamb, Darren" <[email-masked]>

Subject:  RE: OASIS Information

Dave,

*          Forecasted Day Ahead TRM is located on the Forecasted
Transmission
Usage Report - under the Forecast tab in the new OASIS system soon to go
online.  Although we are allowing for TRM reporting now, please keep in
mind
the ISO rarely operates with a TRM.  However on the few occasions that we
do
use a TRM, it will be reported here.

*          Forecasted Tie Meter Multipliers (TMM) are values used to
represent
the "adjustment" required to the power flows to effectively make the values
recorded at the meters represent the delivered value at the physical
location of the legal interconnection point.  To understand this concept,
it
is important to understand that the meters are not always located right at
the legal interconnection point, in fact they can be miles away.

Thanks,
Karen

   California ISO
                     Karen Webber
                     Market Operations
                     OASIS Project Manager
                     (916) 351-2223 (office)
                     (916) 802-1593 (cell)
                     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

                     -----Original Message-----
                     From: [email-masked] 
[mailto:[email-masked]] 

                     Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 9:47 AM
                     To: [email-masked] 
                     Cc: [email-masked] 
                     Subject: OASIS Information

                     Can you please tell me where I can find TRM values on
the
PMI?, (from S-314) "[a] TRM will be established that reduces the OTC to a
level deemed reasonable to meet reliability criteria. This TRM value will
be
included in the daily PMI postings prior to the day ahead market."

                     Also, can you define "Forecasted Tie Meter
Multipliers"?

                     Thanks,

                     Dave

<Embedded StdOleLink>