Subject: RE: Proposed revisions to CSA Letter
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:13:00 -0800 (PST)

Mike,

Edison can deal with the letter, either in it's pre-SoCalGas modified form,
or with the SoCalGas edited letter.   Unless you hear otherwise from us,
consider us signatories (using Doug Porter's name).

However, I do agree with Michael Rochman that the SoCalGas version's
comments on point five are a bit weaker than I would like.  It is more than
a matter of having to duplicate the effort already expended, it is also a
matter of having to justify that level of effort in light of a diminished
perception (at least) of the chances of implementation of the results of
that effort.  I would prefer that be indicated politely, but clearly.

--
Michael S. Alexander
Southern California Edison
626-302-2029
626-302-3254 (fax)

                    Michael
                    Rochman              To:     "'MBD'" <[email-masked]>, 
"'Pocta, Robert
                    <rochmanm@spu        M.'" <[email-masked]>, "'Counihan, 
Rick'"
                    rr.org>              <[email-masked]>,
                                         "[email-masked]'"
                    12/11/2000           <[email-masked]>, "'John 
Burkholder'"
                    10:57 AM             <[email-masked]>, "'Mike Alexander'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Craig 
Chancellor'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Colin 
Cushnie'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Jeff Dasovich'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Paul 
Amirault'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Doug 
Porter'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Tom Beach'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, 
"'Amirault, Paul'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Craig 
Chancellor,
                                         Calpine'" <[email-masked]>, 
"'How-Downing,
                                         Lindsey'" 
<[email-masked]>, "'Phil
                                         Davies, WGSI Calgary'" 
<[email-masked]>,
                                         "[email-masked]'" 
<[email-masked]>, "'Jeff
                                         Fawcett, Transwestern'" 
<[email-masked]>,
                                         Michael Rochman 
<[email-masked]>, "'Rick
                                         Counihan, Greenmountain.com'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, 
"'Bayless,
                                         David@Utility'" 
<[email-masked]>,
                                         "'Dingwall, Brian@UEM'" 
<[email-masked]>,
                                         "'Elsesser, Evelyn@aelaw'" 
<[email-masked]>,
                                         "'Johnson, Pamela@REMAC'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Jun,
                                         Christine@aelaw'" <[email-masked]>, 
"'Karp,
                                         Joseph@Whitecase'" 
<[email-masked]>,
                                         "'McCrea, Keith@CIG/CM'" 
<[email-masked]>,
                                         "'Paul, Joe@Dynegy'" 
<joe.paul@dynegy>, "'Pocta,
                                         Mark@ORA'" <[email-masked]>, 
"'Scott, Susan@TW'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Worster, 
Gerard@TXU'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Karp, 
Joseph@Whitecase'"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "'Skaff, 
Andy@Dynegy'"
                                         <[email-masked]>
                                         cc:
                                         Subject:     RE: Proposed revisions 
to CSA Letter

I would like to see us try to re-insert words to the effect that if the
Commission throws out the CSA after haranguing the parties to reach an
agreement, it will seriously discourage future settlement efforts by
parties. That is not a deal-breaker for me, just a suggestion. Otherwise
the comments are fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: MBD [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 10:43 AM
To: 'Pocta, Robert M.'; 'Counihan, Rick'; [email-masked]';
'John Burkholder'; 'Mike Alexander'; 'Craig Chancellor'; 'Colin
Cushnie'; 'Jeff Dasovich'; MBD; 'Paul Amirault'; 'Doug Porter'; 'Tom
Beach'; 'Amirault, Paul'; 'Craig Chancellor, Calpine'; 'How-Downing,
Lindsey'; 'Phil Davies, WGSI Calgary'; [email-masked]'; 'Jeff
Fawcett, Transwestern'; 'Michael Rochman'; 'Rick Counihan,
Greenmountain.com'; 'Bayless, David@Utility'; 'Dingwall, Brian@UEM';
'Elsesser, Evelyn@aelaw'; 'Johnson, Pamela@REMAC'; 'Jun,
Christine@aelaw'; 'Karp, Joseph@Whitecase'; 'McCrea, Keith@CIG/CM';
'Paul, Joe@Dynegy'; 'Pocta, Mark@ORA'; 'Scott, Susan@TW'; 'Worster,
Gerard@TXU'; [email-masked]'; 'Karp, Joseph@Whitecase'; 'Skaff,
Andy@Dynegy'
Subject: FW: Proposed revisions to CSA Letter

Here are some edits to our letter from socal.  I do not feel they diminsh
the usefulness of the letter, and they moderate the tone a little, as you
would expect.  They also eliminate the lengthy recitation of the procedural

events at the end of the letter.  If this gets them on the letter, I say
let's sign.  I will assume everyone who signed on last week stays on the
letter unless I hear differently from you by 3 pm today.  I really
appreciate the quick turnaround.  Mike Day

-----Original Message-----
From: Wright, Gillian - TP1GXW [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 10:26 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Proposed revisions to CSA Letter

Mike,
Here are SoCal's proposed revisions to the CSA letter - I'll call in a
minute.  The edits are pretty extensive, but all along the lines we
discussed (ie changing the tone to a more positive one).

Gillian

<<CSA Letter SCG.doc>>

Gillian A. Wright
Regulatory Case Manager
Sempra Energy
555 W. Fifth St. GT14D6
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1011
(213) 244-3833
(213) 244-8820 fax
[email-masked]