Subject: Fwd: Quarter-life Crisis
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 14:35:35 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Quarter-life Crisis
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:19:12 -0500

 >  >
 > Quarter-life Crisis
 >
 > They call it the "Quarter-life Crisis."
 >
 > It is when you stop going along with the crowd and start realizing that
 > there are a lot of things about yourself that you didn't know and may
not
 > like. You start feeling insecure and wonder where you will be in a year
or
 > two, but then get scared because you barely know where you are now.  You
 > start realizing that people are selfish and that, maybe, those friends
that
 > you thought you were so close to aren't exactly the greatest people you
 > have ever met and the people you have lost touch with are some of the
most
 > important ones. What you do not realize is that they are realizing that
too
 > and are not really cold or catty or mean or insincere, but that they are
as
 > confused as you are.
 >
 > You look at your job. It is not even close to what you thought you would
be
 > doing or maybe you are looking for one and realizing that you are going
to
 > have to start at the bottom and are scared.  You miss the comforts of
 > college, of groups, of socializing with the same people on a constant
 > basis. But then you realize that maybe they weren't so great after all.
You
 > are beginning to understand yourself and what you want and do not want.
 > Your opinions have gotten stronger. You see what others are doing and
find
 > yourself judging a bit more than usual because suddenly you realize that
 > you have certain boundaries in your life and add things to your list of
 > what is acceptable and what is not.
 >
 > You are insecure and then secure. You laugh and cry with the greatest
force
 > of your life. You feel alone and scared and confused. Suddenly change is
 > the enemy and you try and cling on to the past with dear life but soon
 > realize that the past is drifting further and further away and there is
 > nothing to do but stay where you are or move forward.
 >
 > You get your heart broken and wonder how someone you loved could do such
 > damage to you or you lay in bed and wonder why you can't meet anyone
decent
 > enough to get to know better. You love someone but maybe love someone
else
 > too and cannot figure out why you are doing this because you are not a
bad
 > person. One night stands and random hook ups start to look cheap and
 > getting wasted and acting like an idiot starts to look pathetic.
 >
 > You go through the same emotions and questions over and over and talk
with
 > your friends about the same topics because you cannot seem to make a
 > decision. You worry about loans and money and the future and making a
life
 > for yourself and while winning the race would be great, right now you'd
 > just like to be a contender!
 >
 > What you may not realize is that everyone reading this relates to it. We
 > are in our best of times and our worst of times, trying as hard as we
can
 > to figure this whole thing out. We are making a lot of mistakes, but
 > helping one another learn from them and reaching out to pull one another
 > up.  We are not the shiniest group of people, but we are very much a
 > circle. We are there for one another and will listen and grow for the
rest
 > of our lives.  We will piss one another off, but we will also heal one
 > another's hearts.  We are the group who sometimes doesn't need words but
 > will laugh at the end of a conversation that started with angry words.
We
 > are friends and in 10 years, when we have figured out where we fit in in
 > this world, we will still be friends always and forever!
 >
 > ----------------------------------------------------------------
 > The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
 > which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
 > material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
 > taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
 > entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
received
 > this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any
 > computer.
 >

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com