Subject: TW Negotiated Rate deals
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:42:00 -0800 (PST)

As you requested, following are the facts for the media regarding the 
negotiated rate deals that TW has recently done at rates in excess of the 
tariff max rate.   Please note that the first two transactions are already 
public and the following information can be disclosed now.  The third deal 
has not been filed yet and will not be public until it is.  That filing will 
be made before Dec. 1, 2000. 

General:  TW has done three deals in the last week at rates in excess of TW's 
maximum tariff rate.  Each of the deals was done pursuant to TW's negotiated 
rate authority, which FERC granted TW in 1997.  (Order issued April 11, 1997, 
Transwestern Pipeline Co., 79 FERC Par. 61,021).  Pursuant to that authority, 
TW has filed negotiated rate tariff sheets with the FERC, which are docketed 
at Docket No. RP97-288.  Details on the specific transactions are as follows:
  
Deal 1:  Counterparty:  PG&E Energy Trading
 Rate Schedule:  ITS-1
 Volume:    30,000/day
 Rate:  $.90/MMBtu, inclusive of surcharges
 Term: the one day period of November 15, 2000
 Receipt points:  NNG Halley, West Texas Pool
 Delivery point:  SoCal Topock

Deal 2:  Same as Deal 1,  except term is one day period of November 16, 2000 
and rate is $.75/MMBtu  

Deal 3:  Counterparty:  Sempra Energy Trading
 Rate Schedule:  LFT
 Volume:  10,000/day
 Rate:  $1.00/MMBtu, inclusive of surcharges
 Term:  Dec. 1-Dec. 31, 2000
 Receipt point:  Bloomfield
 Delivery point:  PG&E Topock

All of the above information is contained in TW's FERC filings on these 
transactions.  No other information is available as TW does not comment on 
specific customer transactions.