Subject: Temporary (Stand-by) Compression
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:06:00 -0800 (PST)

I was asked whether TW could install a stand-by compressor unit at the Gallup 
station in the event the unit was down due to scheduled or unscheduled 
maintenance.  

All interstate pipelines with a blanket certificate are authorized to 
install, operate, and remove "temporary" compression provided the temporary 
facilities are not used to increase the volume or service above that rendered 
by existing permanent unit(s). Temporary compression installed under this 
authority can only be used when permanent horsepower is down for scheduled or 
unscheduled maintenance.  I have reviewed this issue with legal and we agree 
that stand-by compression would qualify under the "temporary compression" 
regulations.

This authorization is restricted to the cost limitations of the automatic 
blanket certificate of $7.3MM in 2000 (this includes the costs to acquire the 
unit).   The cost limits under the blanket certificate are increased each 
year.  Generally, the new limits are published in February an increase 
approx. $100,000 each year).  Further, the certificate requires that the 
"temporary facilities" meet a 55 dBA Ldn noise standard.

Please coordinate the installation of any temporary compression with the 
certificate department .  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  
Thanks MW