Subject: Re: Rediff.com
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:32:00 -0700 (PDT)

Sheila & David,

Thanks for all the help.

Rahul

To: Rahul Basu/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: David J Vitrella/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Greene/HOU/ECT@ECT, Donna 
Lowry/HOU/ECT@ECT, Lauren Hagerty/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Sara 
Shackleton/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Rediff.com

Rahul,
David did put in a bid  for 330,000 shares with a cap of $12 this afternoon.  
The order was placed with Graham Cook, Goldman Sachs' International Desk,  in 
Chicago.  Daivd also gave him the name and number of Vijay in Hong Kong.
We are working with Lauren and Sara to get an account set up to settle the 
trade for Enron India LLC.  
Please do not hesitate to call if questions.
Sheila
---------------------- Forwarded by Sheila Glover/HOU/ECT on 06/09/2000 04:20 
PM ---------------------------

Rahul Basu@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
06/09/2000 09:22 AM
To: David J Vitrella@ECT, Sheila Glover@ECT
cc: Rajesh Agarwal/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Raj 
Thapar/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 
Subject: Rediff.com

Hi David & Sheila,

As you will see from the DASH that Rajesh Agarwal is separately faxing to 
you, Rediff.com India Limited is issuing American Depository Shares (ADSs)

As discussed, we would like to bid for $ 4 mn equivalent at the clearing 
price, subject to a maximum price of $12 per ADS. This works out to approx. 
333,333 shares - however if the clearing price is lower, then we would get a 
higher number of shares.

We would appreciate it if you could put in a word to your contact at Goldman 
to let them know that the order is coming in.

Our contact in Goldman Sachs, Hong Kong is Vijay Karnani: +852 2978 1685 (W), 
+852 9188 3719 (M), [email-masked]

Our contact information is :

Rahul Basu
+91 22 230 6112 (W)
+91 22 230 6117(Fax)
+91 9821068239 (Mobile)

Rajesh Agarwal
+91 22 230 6112 (W)
+91 22 230 6117(Fax)
+91 9820183937 (M)

Please do call at any time if there are any problems. We would like to have 
our order go in before the weekend, if possible.

Thanks
Rahul Basu