Subject: RE: Equity Forward Contract
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:38:35 -0700 (PDT)

Christine -
Sara is out of the office for the rest of the week, but I understand why you guys have trouble with me specifically being listed.  Instead of my number being put in there, can we just use the general Enron Corp phone number (1-800-973-6766) and have UBS ask to be connected to the Treasurer's office.  There will always be a person there to take the call, and you will always be directed to the right person regardless of what employee reassignments may occur between now and then.

Jim, what do you think of this?  Christine, since Sara is out, would you please include Jim Armogida on the distribution list.  Thanks.
CF

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 9:06 AM
To: Shackleton, Sara
Cc: Freeland, Clint; Nogid, Jeff; [email-masked]
Subject: Equity Forward Contract

Sara,

Thank you for reviewing and returning the equity forward confirmations 
so promptly.    We have reviewed the handwritten comment on page 8 of 
the contract and unfortunately cannot accept the language as presented. 
 Our concern is that if we are unable to get through to Clint for any 
reason (either speaking to him directly or getting voice mail), the 
termination notice would not be effective.

We propose to insert the following language instead:

	"Such Non-Affected Party will use commercially reasonable efforts 
to 
     promptly confirm the transmission of such facsimile notice by 
     telephone (telephone number 713-345-7538) to the Affected Party, 
     provided however, that failure to so confirm will not in anyway 
     invalidate the effectiveness of a notice by facsimile 
transmission."
     
     (insert as the last sentence of the third paragraph under 
"Additional 
     Termination Event".)

Please let me know if this works for you.  If so, we will produce new 
contracts with the language and send it back to you for another round 
of signatures.

Please call me if you have any questions.  I apologize for any 
inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
Christine
203-719-8354

Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please 
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this 
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free 
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, 
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore 
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents 
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If 
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This 
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be 
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or 
related financial instruments.