Subject: RE: Equity Forward Contract
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

Certainly OK.

-----Original Message-----
From: Freeland, Clint 
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 12:26 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: Nogid, Jeff; [email-masked]; Shackleton, Sara; Armogida, Jim
Subject: RE: Equity Forward Contract

From a commercial perspective, this is fine with me.  I leave it to Jim to confirm that this is acceptable from the legal perspective.
CF

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 12:06 PM
To: Freeland, Clint
Cc: Nogid, Jeff; [email-masked]; Shackleton, Sara; Armogida,
Jim; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Equity Forward Contract

     Clint / Jim,
     
     Have amended the number (and added a reference to the Treasury 
     office):
     
     "Such Non-Affected Party will use commercially reasonable
     efforts to promptly confirm the transmission of such facsimile notice 
     by telephone (telephone number 1-800-973-6766, attention Enron 
     Treasury Office) to the Affected Party, provided however, that failure 
     to so confirm will not in anyway invalidate the effectiveness of a 
     notice by facsimile transmission."

Please confirm this is now acceptable.

Any questions - don't hesitate to contact me, 203 719 5493

Regards,
Annette Spencer

______________________________ Reply Separator 
_________________________________
Subject: RE: Equity Forward Contract
Author:  Clint.Freeland ([email-masked]) at unix,mime
Date:    9/27/01 11:38 AM

Christine -
Sara is out of the office for the rest of the week, but I understand why 
you guys have trouble with me specifically being listed.  Instead of my 
number being put in there, can we just use the general Enron Corp phone 
number (1-800-973-6766) and have UBS ask to be connected to the 
Treasurer's office.  There will always be a person there to take the 
call, and you will always be directed to the right person regardless of 
what employee reassignments may occur between now and then.
     
Jim, what do you think of this?  Christine, since Sara is out, would you 
please include Jim Armogida on the distribution list.  Thanks.
CF

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 9:06 AM
To: Shackleton, Sara
Cc: Freeland, Clint; Nogid, Jeff; [email-masked] 
Subject: Equity Forward Contract

Sara,
     
Thank you for reviewing and returning the equity forward confirmations 
so promptly.    We have reviewed the handwritten comment on page 8 of 
the contract and unfortunately cannot accept the language as presented. 
 Our concern is that if we are unable to get through to Clint for any 
reason (either speaking to him directly or getting voice mail), the 
termination notice would not be effective.
     
We propose to insert the following language instead:

        "Such Non-Affected Party will use commercially reasonable
efforts 
to 
     promptly confirm the transmission of such facsimile notice by 
     telephone (telephone number 713-345-7538) to the Affected Party, 
     provided however, that failure to so confirm will not in anyway 
     invalidate the effectiveness of a notice by facsimile 
transmission."
     
     (insert as the last sentence of the third paragraph under 
"Additional 
     Termination Event".)
     
Please let me know if this works for you.  If so, we will produce new 
contracts with the language and send it back to you for another round 
of signatures.
     
Please call me if you have any questions.  I apologize for any 
inconvenience this may cause.
     
Regards,
Christine
203-719-8354

Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com
     
This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please 
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this 
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
     
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as 
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive 
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not 
accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this 
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If 
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This 
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be 
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or 
related financial instruments.

     
**********************************************************************
This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate and may
 contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended r
ecipient (s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly 
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for 
the recipient), please contact the sender or reply to Enron Corp. at enron.messa
[email-masked] and delete all copies of the message. This e-mail 
(and any attachments hereto) are not intended to be an offer (or an acceptance) 
and do not create or evidence a binding and enforceable contract between Enron C
orp. (or any of its affiliates) and the intended recipient or any other party, a
nd may not be relied on by anyone as the basis of a contract by estoppel or othe
rwise. Thank you. 
**********************************************************************

Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please 
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this 
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free 
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, 
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore 
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents 
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If 
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This 
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be 
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or 
related financial instruments.